Re: My Dragon Age II code is too short so it won't let me install. What do I do?

by EA_David

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My Dragon Age II code is too short so it won't let me install. What do I do?

★★★ Newbie
The code is too short and I need to know what to do because I can't install it. Do I need to buy the game again?
Message 1 of 5 (920 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My Dragon Age II code is too short so it won't let me install. What do I do?

★★★★★ Expert

"Too short" makes no sense for DA2.  There was a manufacturing problem with a batch of the DAO retail boxed edition in the UK that had truncated codes printed, but never heard of this issue with DA2.

Perhaps an EA Game Advisor can get things sorted.  Contact them at help.ea.com.  They can look directly at the player's account and see what's going on.

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (1,040 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Nightshade13RG Hi, where did you get the code? How many digits is it?

I take it you're trying to play on PC? Perhaps you need to check for a 2nd code in the box, if you have a physical version?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 5 (858 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

"Too short" makes no sense for DA2.  There was a manufacturing problem with a batch of the DAO retail boxed edition in the UK that had truncated codes printed, but never heard of this issue with DA2.

Perhaps an EA Game Advisor can get things sorted.  Contact them at help.ea.com.  They can look directly at the player's account and see what's going on.

Message 3 of 5 (1,041 Views)

★★★ Newbie
It was ordered from Amazon. It was only 16 digits. I heard that there was a problem with one of their distributors and that the codes were printed wrong or something.
Message 4 of 5 (852 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the extra detail. I think Thandal's on the right track. Be sure to keep an image of the code to hand when you reach out. Support may refer you back to Amazon or they may be able to help you then and there, depending on the nature of the code issue. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 5 (837 Views)