Re: MoTA download fails

by ThandalNLyman

Original Post

MoTA download fails

★ Novice

After a new computer, I finally got my main DA2 to download, connect to servers when I play (though I can't see my in game achievements like DAO back in the day) and finished playing EVERY quest possible.

Now I bought Legacy and MoTA soon after their release but installing them was a problem this time, unllike in 2011. (Sebastian and the object packs installed fine)I had problems with the 1.04 update for my from disk install, and Legacy too, MoTA kept failing on download. Mqaybe something about my connection, so I went off to play leisurly as the issue should clear by the time I finish off the KC.

Well, I finished off the twit yesterday, and I want to try to download MoTA again.  ...And it fails again at the end of the download.

This is the only download page for DA2 I've been able to find :https://social.bioware.com/user_entitlements.php

I've rebooted that router dozens of times since I installed the game in May and even replaced the router, so that is NOT the issue. tracert had timeouts after some server at 4.68.71.129 at the 7th hop. ALL the hops in fact late, late at night. A visual traceroute got to an ea server but no information on the servers inbetween.

I suspect separate forum accounts may be contributing to my issues, but at this point I just want the download (and way to archive when I swap to a newer computer0. I have a fast connection and download hundreds of MB updates every week. I just want to see my DA2 buds again and plan the Qun witch's smacking.

Message 1 of 2 (584 Views)

Re: MoTA download fails

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Presuming you bought MotA while logged-on with the same EA account as you use regularly:

1. Log-on to EA/Origin.

2. Right-Click on the DA2 game title in your Library

3. Choose "View Game Details"

4. Scroll down to the MotA offering

5. Choose "Install" (or "Download", can't remember which it says...)

NOTE:  If EA/Origin wants you to purchase MotA again, (it'll say "Buy Now") you'll need to use the Help Center to contact an EA Game Advisor and explain what's going on.  They're the only ones who can correct problems with your account.

Message 2 of 2 (580 Views)