Re: Missing Textures/Graphical Glitches?

by Vancali

Original Post

★ Novice

Isn't there something EA can do from its end to prod nVidia along with this?  It is the most annoying bug.

I notice saving and reloading helps (f5 quick and then f9), my guess is it forces the textures to load properly. Unfortunately that doesn't help when in a conversation cutscene or whatnot. 

Using a Geforce GTX 560ti. 

Message 31 of 44 (6,311 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Wrong, it's not a GPU/Render problem when it's happening with GTX Titan Black as well.  That's called a shoddy code problem.

Message 32 of 44 (5,583 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Older rig with the same problem. Started happening yeasterday when I finally updated my nVidia graphics drivers after about a year.

CPU: i5 750 2.6 Ghz

Card: GTX 560

Rolled back my driver to 340.52 and the issue seems to be resolved.

Message 33 of 44 (5,502 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i got the game on the 360 and i get it is a next gen game it is horrible is there any fix the game outside of cut scenes is ok but horrible in cut scenes 

Message 34 of 44 (5,137 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I'm a PC user with the following high-quality rig:

iCore i7 5920k

16GB RAM

1GB Velociraptor HDD w/ a 100GB SSD as a boot-up system

EVGA GTX 970 OC'd from 1215MHz to 1337MHz

Despite the powerful gear, I was experiencing the same problem as the OP.

However, I was able to fix the problem, without downgrading the renderer to DirectX 9, and after some major experimentation.

I have an iCore i7 5920k and an EVGA GTX 970 that is even slightly overclocked from 1215MHz to 1337MHz. One would think I have a less stable machine as a result.

I used windowed mode in place of full screen mode.  And, to get rid of the annoying frame at the top of the screen, I used a homemade free app called "Windowed Borderless Gaming."  When in windowed mode, I was able to crank up all the settings, including SSAO, high and Very High Quality Textures (VHQTs), without an issue.

If you're still running into this issue, give it a try.

Message 35 of 44 (3,869 Views)

★ Apprentice

Windowed mode does not work for me (GTX 970). Still get missing textures.

Message 36 of 44 (3,837 Views)

★★ Novice

still having this problem, got it on the humble bundle, decided to try it out, textures missing on character models, glitching textures, totally horrible :/ seems like 4 years later there is no fix... and no comment from any moderators on this * post. Sick of this , inquisition is terrible on pc too.

Message 37 of 44 (3,667 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Player for a few hours using your fix, Antoninus, and it seems to have finally fixed the issue. You're a legend.

Message 38 of 44 (3,559 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yep, still a big problem.  It happens often, I'd say a couple times an hour on cutscenes mostly.  As this is an older game, I don't see a fix coming our way anytime soon.

Message 39 of 44 (2,595 Views)

Hero

@Oharrison wrote:

still having this problem, got it on the humble bundle, decided to try it out, textures missing on character models, glitching textures, totally horrible :/ seems like 4 years later there is no fix... and no comment from any moderators on this * post. Sick of this , inquisition is terrible on pc too.

The moderators on this forum are not developers. Most of them are volunteers who don't even work for EA.

It's also very much an Nvidia problem. The game worked perfectly fine until Nvidia released terrible drivers and never bothered fixing it.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 40 of 44 (2,490 Views)