Physical copy.

Game version 1.04, config utility version 1.03

Intel® Core™ i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz

16GB RAM
GeForce GTS 450 - Drivers are up to date

64-bit Windows 7 System

DirectX11

Problem details:

1. What is the nature of the problem you are seeing?

Basically characters may not have bodies, feet, legs, etc., NPCs may be missing pieces of their armour, may have multicoloured bits of their armour, enviromental textures may be black or multicoloured, etc.

I've posted screenshot example on my tumblr: http://pancakesaresosexy.tumblr.com/post/86411928159/just-posting-these-for-some-help-ive-had-a-lot

It's easy enough to fix, you simply just have to save then load the save but it is a VERY annoying glitch/bug.

2. When did the problem start occurring?

After reinstalling DA2 with 1.04

3. Where does your problem occur?

Random occurance during gameplay

4. What are the steps in replicating the problem?

Just play the game. Doesn't take long to find it, but seems to get worse the longer you play.

5. Have you modified your game in any way?

Yes, but mods are not causing the problem as I have tried playing this vanilla and it's still occuring.

Message 1 of 44 (91,454 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Missing Textures/Graphical Glitches?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Lonevision is correct, this is a gpu/renderer problem.  The GT4xx-series cards just aren't powerful enough to do a decent job in games with DX11 at hi-res.  You are experienceing the result as it tries to keep up with the game itself.  Not a pretty picture!  Confusedmileytongue:

Choices are: 1) Use whatever combination of renderer and resolution you can live with, or 2) Upgrade your video adapter!  Confusedmileywink:

View in thread

Message 3 of 44 (102,985 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

By the looks of your screenshots, the floating heads, the missing feet, the magical miracle rainbows from the Maker on the sides of buildings, I've had this same problem. In fact, I'm fairly certain many people have for a very long time. The problem seems to stem from directX11 and issues with graphics drivers. The easiest fix is to go into your video settings and change from DirectX 11 to DirectX 9.

It's definitely a graphics hit, especially where the characters are concerned, as you'll notice a loss in detail during character close-ups in the cinematics (certain hair colors will look shellacked with floor varnish, etc)... but it's ultimately better than watching them walk around with parts of their chests missing.... or have the guards walk around like they have their pants around their ankles.

If it really bothers you, though (and you're not lazy like me, ha!), you can always fix the graphics quality by downloading and installing better texture mods from users. Standard smile

Message 2 of 44 (91,335 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Lonevision is correct, this is a gpu/renderer problem.  The GT4xx-series cards just aren't powerful enough to do a decent job in games with DX11 at hi-res.  You are experienceing the result as it tries to keep up with the game itself.  Not a pretty picture!  Confusedmileytongue:

Choices are: 1) Use whatever combination of renderer and resolution you can live with, or 2) Upgrade your video adapter!  Confusedmileywink:

Message 3 of 44 (102,986 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'll accept that as the solution as downgrading to DX9 and 720p seems to have done the job but it annoys me that this happened so suddenly.

I've had this game since release and have been playing it with this graphics card for over a year now, I've no idea why it's suddenly causing issue now.

Message 4 of 44 (91,300 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My battlefield 3 worked fine. And after an update it went all crazy

Message 5 of 44 (91,242 Views)

★ Novice

I don't think this is just an issue with older graphics cards.  I am seeing a similar problem on a 780Ti card.  It looks from the comments on the nVidia forums like this might be an old problem that was fixed but has now re-appeared with recent nVidia driver updates.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/744046/geforce-700-600-series/problems-with-dragon-age-2-on...

I'd appreciate an update from EA confirm whether they are working with nVidia to get this fixed again.

Message 6 of 44 (91,129 Views)

★★ Novice

it is not an issue with older cards, I have a GTX660 with 2 gb of memory and having the same issues, occur at random and sometimes you'll se heads without bodies, specially in cutscenes, but if I exit and enter the game again it is fixed, is there any solution that doesn't imply downgrading to dx9?? thanks

Message 7 of 44 (91,044 Views)

★ Novice

Same here, GTX 770... is there really no fix for this? Frown

Message 8 of 44 (90,838 Views)

Hero

Looks like it's an error on Nvidia's part. I suggest rolling back to the previous driver version.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/driver_rollback.html

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 9 of 44 (90,830 Views)

★★★ Novice

I can confirm this is NOT just older rigs. My GTX 780 is having the same issue. Also, rolling back won't help unless you roll back very very far. This has been going on for at least a 2 years.

I highly suggest someone at EA look at this. A lot of people are playing to get ready for Inquisition

Message 10 of 44 (90,825 Views)