Graphics issues on Nvidia cards (DirectX 11)

by Fred_vdp

Original Post

Re: Graphics issues on Nvidia cards (DirectX 11)

★★ Novice

Yeah, it definitely is still an issue.  I'm running the latest drivers with a GTX 980. 

Oh well, will wait for the next driver release and hope for the best.  I would be very surprised if EA fixes this issue with the game being so old now.

Message 41 of 69 (2,953 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

It was a nice try, I assume, but unfortunately GeForce 340.52 Driver didn't do the trick for me.  Screen is still too dark (gamma set to 2 in config) and it refuses to be full screen.  It's DirectX 9, and just medium detail, Hobson's Choice.

PS No need to worry about Inquisition.  Totally different game, just with same lore / characters.  Went from being a game I am near addicted to where one merely clicked where one wanted to go, to one I can't cope with as it's one of those keyboard movement/space to jump types.  Betrayal of past fans.

Message 42 of 69 (2,946 Views)

★★★ Novice

Still not fixed on newest 347.88 drivers.

Message 43 of 69 (2,862 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I'm also getting this issue.

In-game textures do not always load, and appear as a kind of smooth, grey untextured area in the game. Sometimes textures screw up and I get a multi-coloured 'disco floor' effect, Occasionally parts of NPCs are missing, resulting in disembodied heads, missing limbs etc.

Sometimes saving and reloading fixes it, other times I have to restart the game. I've even encountered areas where restarting the game won't fix it. Running in DX9 usually works, but I'd prefer not to have to suffer this drop in quality.

I think a solution is desperately needed here, and it seems to me that EA need to talk to Nvidia about the issue.

Message 44 of 69 (2,822 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I just re-installed DA2 (via Origin download) and also added a texture mod from the Nexus site: http://www.nexusmods.com/dragonage2/mods/3687/?

So far, with all graphics setting set to their max values, I am getting NO texture or shadow glitches whatsoever.

GTX970 with latest driver installed - 347.88.

I will also test without the texture mod and update my post here, but so far it looks like the game is cured.

[edit]

Guess I should also mention that I am running Windows 10 Tech Preview. 

The game also experienced a single CTD within the first few hours of play, but this is possibly down to some instability with Windows.

[edit2]

Turns out, it wasn't the texture mod that fixed my game. Of course not. Must have been the latest Nvidia drivers, because my game now runs absolutely flawlessly without the mod. :Confusedhrug::

Message 45 of 69 (2,786 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm running Win 8.1 and the newest drivers didn't do anything for me. Maybe Win 10 has something different?

Message 46 of 69 (2,702 Views)

★★★ Novice

Still broken on 350.12 drivers.

Message 47 of 69 (2,651 Views)

★★ Novice

same issue here

my system

AMD FX 8350 4.2ghz

Nvidia Gtx 760 2gb

8gb ddr3 1600mhz

msı 970a g46

when i open directx 11 option. after i saw invincible peoples, guards

and also invincible weapons? :S

when i turn directx 9 problems are göne! year 2015 and where is fix??

this is EA responsibility! EA and NVİDA try to fix next driver? why im using old driver? what about new games with old driver?

do i have to always change driver every game ?? and also these days ppl want to play old games for dragon age keep tapestry! or new players..

Dragon age origins sometimes crash.. i think this is unacceptible!

Message 48 of 69 (2,546 Views)

★★★ Novice

Still broken on 352.86.

Message 49 of 69 (2,384 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am getting this missing textures issue (NPCs with bodies missing, or partially transparent). I have a GTX 750 Ti I rolled back my drivers to 340.52 as suggested, and I thought it was fixed, but I just entered a fight and had one of the NPCs just be a floating head and weapon. Is there another solution to this problem? Any reason why rolling back the driver would not work?

Message 50 of 69 (2,344 Views)