Re: Graphics issues on Nvidia cards (DirectX 11)

by lama843

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I'm experiencing the same problems as well. I'm running a GTX 970 and when I use DirectX11 with max settings I get all kinds of graphical glitches that make the game literally unplayable.

Putting the settings down to high does remove some of the glitches but it gets worse over time. Especially complete character models that just start to disappear, totally ruining the immersion. The only way I can properly run the game is to put it on DirectX9 but that sets all the options back to medium. It feels wrong not to be able to play a game such as this when your hardware can easily handle it, especially in this day and age.

I really hope EA, Bioware or Nvidia for that matter fix these issues. I've played and completed the original Dragon Age Origins plenty of times without much problems, it would be great to be able to properly play Dragon Age 2 before moving on to Dragon Age Inquisition.

Message 61 of 69 (3,023 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I've reduced the frequency of the crashes out.  Tried too many things to be sure what helped and what did not, but I added RAM to the max, and turned off origin during the game (there's a tick box I found somewhere in the origin window)   I think that helped.  Still get the occasional problem though. Should say that was for problems during Inquisition.

Message 62 of 69 (2,867 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Message 63 of 69 (2,865 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey,

I had the same issue with the driver 359.00 installed (& a high end notebook with a 980m). I solved it this way:

- I reduced the texture quality from very high to high (this alone didn't change anything). All other graphic options are set to the max.

- I installed the latest driver 361.75 with a clean install (so all old profiles got erased)

Now the game is working fine, been playing ~10 hours since then & no more texture errors or graphic glitches. Game looks still pretty good with the HD texture pack installed.

Message 64 of 69 (2,798 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Also I have problems with this graphics card.

Message 65 of 69 (2,489 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Oh best just keep it to Nvidia directx 9. When i do a very huge fight scene, direct 11 freezes

Message 66 of 69 (2,030 Views)

★★★ Novice

Just Activate the FXAA option on the NVIDIA Control Panel, I have a GTX 970 and it solved the issue for me, the FXAA comes off by default. 

I did it for the Global Settings, but you can do it only for DA2 on the Program Settings Tab.

FXAA.jpg

Message 67 of 69 (1,080 Views)

★★★ Novice
Also I have the Latest Drivers and its working with no problems
Message 68 of 69 (1,078 Views)

★★ Novice

omg thx you so much it's really working

Message 69 of 69 (808 Views)