Re: Graphics issues on Nvidia cards (DirectX 11)

by JRFSkrEEmeR

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Hello, can someone help me. I`ve just re-installed DA2 through Origin for the first time in three years, after playing it through on the same laptop. Now every time I try to load the game, I get the load screen, then it crashes. No idea why. I`ve tried rolling back to the 340.52 Nvidia driver, and now the load screen`s gone too.

Any help, please?

(It`s an Alienware M15X, quad core, 500GB hard-drive, 4GB, 500MB graphics).

Message 31 of 69 (3,283 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

ArsDementis wrote:

Actually this latest driver 344.75 seems to have fixed the issue for me. I've been playing for an hour now on very high and there's no sign of the invisible models or the shadow issues. Previously the issues would manifest in a couple of minutes.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I started playing DA2 several days ago and have been using the 344.75 driver all along, but I've been experiencing that missing rendering layers bug on NPCs fairly often.  (That's what brought me here, trying to see if there was an explanation or fixit.)

I dislike the idea of having to revert to an earlier driver just to clear the bug because I do use my PC to do other things than play DA2.  Continually switching drivers every time I start another session, and then again afterwards doesn't seem like much of a "solution" to me.

Message 32 of 69 (3,275 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

To any and all EA representatives.

Seriously?

This is YOUR game. I would think that it would be in your company best interest to talk to Nvidia about this to get this escalated and fixed as soon as possible.

Same issue here with 347.09 drivers and GTX 970. Seems that it takes longer for the bug to appear if i do not alt-tab to windows and back.

Message 33 of 69 (3,192 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Has there been any progress on this? Becuase I was playing DA2 just fine until I installed inquisition and the new Nvidia drivers and since then I can't get passed the initial DA2 load screen.

I was using 270.61 for DA2 when it worked, but when I upgraded to 340.52 I've had no luck. 

Message 34 of 69 (2,987 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Posting my response from another thread.

Older rig with the same problem. Started happening yesterday when I finally updated my nVidia graphics drivers after about a year.
CPU: i5 750 2.6 Ghz
Card: GTX 560

Rolled back my driver to 340.52 and the issue seems to be resolved.

Message 35 of 69 (2,982 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same problems on my GTX 970. Missing textures on characters, garbled up ground textures and shadows, and a weird rainbow pattern on some textures, particularly at the exits of every map. I can't revert to 340.52, and installing my old GTX 580 just for this is not a really good solution.

Message 36 of 69 (2,958 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Well, anyone know if the new 347.52 driver works?

Message 37 of 69 (2,918 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I'm running on a GTX 980 now and I can't even install driver 340.52. It's totally incompatible.

Does anyone have a fix for this? I decided to try DA:II again only to find out that I can't. Yet for some reason DA: O works perfectly for me.

EDIT: Just to let everyone know, driver version 347.52 seems to have fixed the graphical issues for Dragon Age II. I've limited testing time with the new driver, but in a cursory play, it seems to have eliminated all the buggy areas so far. This is on a GTX 980.

Message 38 of 69 (2,911 Views)

★★★ Novice

Not for me. It even got worse, as when I first meet Aveline, now only her head is displayed.

Message 39 of 69 (2,898 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I tried the new 347.52 graphics drivers. DX11 is still messing up for me. Switching to DX9. Graphics don't look as good, but no other choice really.

Message 40 of 69 (2,790 Views)