General Error while attempting to purchase DLC for Dragon Age 2

by LadyWindrunner15

Original Post

General Error while attempting to purchase DLC for Dragon Age 2

★★ Novice

Good morning/afternoon/evening, 

I have already spoken to EA support about this, who submitted a ticket, and thought I would post here.  Especially given the fact, that they seem to want to know how many people this is happening to.

Like others, I'm sure, each time I attempt to purchase DLC content for Dragon Age 2 I received a "General Error: An error has occurred while trying to process your request. Please, try again later."  Despite having more than enough Bioware points to purchase the DLCs I want.  I have tried purchasing through Origin Client, Bioware's site, and on three different browsers all with the same unfortunate result.

My fingers are crossed that this issue is addressed soon.  It is pretty disappointing to spend my money (purchased the points before I knew about this error), on these points, and not be able to use them.  Additionally, it is pretty disappoint (for a completionist) to not be able to play all of the content available.

Message 1 of 7 (565 Views)

Re: General Error while attempting to purchase DLC for Dragon Age 2

Community Manager

Thanks for the post. Can I confirm that this is cleared up now?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 7 (540 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hello, I can confirm that this is still an issue. I have attempted to purchase some DA2 addons through both the Bioware website and Origin. Both places give me the same general error message, saying "An error has occurred while trying to process your request. Please, try again later." Kind of frustrating.

Message 3 of 7 (534 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks. Can you try swapping browser or device and see if you get the same behaviour? What's your general location?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 7 (529 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

(Should've mentioned this in my earlier message, sorry!)  Yes, I have attempted to purchase DA2 add-ons through Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. Each time I receive the same General Error message. I live in the United States. There are Bioware points on my account, so I'm not sure why I keep receiving this message. (The same thing happens when I attempt to purchase add-ons through the Origin software, too.) Appreciate the assistance!

Message 5 of 7 (523 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Still having this issue, and I am annoyed by the lack of assistance I have received to resolve this problem. This isn't an issue on my end, because I have no problems purchasing anything else through the Origin software. Plus, this seems to only affect Dragon Age 2 DLC. I have tried calling for assistance and using the online chat function, but both require a lot of time waiting and I don't have the time to wait on hold all day. I really would like someone at EA/Bioware to address this issue...

Message 6 of 7 (501 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

FYI since no EA person has ever responded to my request for assistance: I live in North Carolina, and was never able to purchase or install any of the DA2 DLC. However, last month I went on vacation, and took my laptop with me. Out of curiosity, I attempted to purchase the Legacy DLC in West Virginia...and had no problems doing so. When I was in New York, I went ahead and bought the remaining DLC without any snags. Whatever the problem is, someone's got NC blocked from purchasing downloadable content for Dragon Age 2. Sad when you have to go out of state to purchase content.

Message 7 of 7 (471 Views)