Re: Game purchased after release shows as "not yet released", cannot i

by EA_Barry

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game purchased after release shows as "not yet released", cannot install

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I purchased Dragon Age II in May of 2015 through Origin, and had played it a few times after that purchase.
However, I have now changed my hard drive and am going about downloading my games again, but Dragon Age II is now marked as "not yet released" and that I have "successfully pre-ordered" the game.

Any ideas as to how I can fix it, or is something out of my hand?

EDIT: I just checked all my other games on Origin, and found that Wing Commander II: Heart of the Tiger and SimCity 2000 Special Edition also have this same issue.

Message 1 of 7 (1,000 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

SOLUTION FOUND:
I uninstalled and reinstalled the Origin program, and it seems to have resolved the issue. Looks like there was a complication in the update when I first installed the program. My thanks to @EA_Barry for looking into the matter regardless.

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (1,036 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@kaemsi

Can you check if you have the time and date set correctly in Windows please?

barry.png
Message 2 of 7 (981 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Barry, no issues with that. Unless I need to change my time to match a different timezone? That's correct to my current location.

Message 3 of 7 (975 Views)

Community Manager

@kaemsi

Can you make sure you are running Origin as an administrator and then check the game for updates please.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-2/Dragon-Age-II-Release-Date-Check-Failed/m-p/4652986#M4799

barry.png
Message 4 of 7 (962 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@EA_Barry, there are no updates. I can't download the game itself, let alone an update for it. And I purchased the game off my Origin account, so it's a digital copy. I don't have a hard disk to try installing from that avenue. And Origin is up to date.

Message 5 of 7 (960 Views)

★★★★ Novice

SOLUTION FOUND:
I uninstalled and reinstalled the Origin program, and it seems to have resolved the issue. Looks like there was a complication in the update when I first installed the program. My thanks to @EA_Barry for looking into the matter regardless.

Message 6 of 7 (1,037 Views)

Community Manager

@kaemsi

No problem, thanks for posting your solution. +XP

barry.png
Message 7 of 7 (946 Views)