Freezing issue in The Exiled Prince

by Fred_vdp

Original Post

Re: Freezing issue in The Exiled Prince

★ Novice
When stuck in loading hit esc. Should start. If not window out of the game and then back in and hit esc.
Message 51 of 68 (3,239 Views)

Hero

@blade12775 wrote:
When stuck in loading hit esc. Should start. If not window out of the game and then back in and hit esc.

As was stated before, this helps in act 2, but not always in act 3. The act 3 issue is rare, though. It stopped happening to me once I installed the Mark of the Assassin DLC, but that's not much of a solution. Tongue out

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 52 of 68 (3,236 Views)

★ Novice

Message 53 of 68 (2,934 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
Just pressing escape helped me thou... not sure if dat will work for everyone here thou.. if it would someone here would already have figured it out I guess but i thought I should say it anyway..

Edit: oh noted ppl said dat. Didn't see it was more pages... hope I don't encounter the act 3 bug thou. Haven't played dat far.
Message 54 of 68 (2,934 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks for your help, it worked for me Standard smile

Message 55 of 68 (2,787 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Doing this made it work INSTANTLY> THANK YOU

Message 56 of 68 (2,565 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Using a combination of removing the patch and the continuous escape button mashing that was also mentioned in this thread, which I did right up to the end of the fight I was able to trigger the Leiliana cut scene and complete the quest.  So  thank you all for your help and suggestions.

Message 57 of 68 (2,428 Views)

★★★ Novice
The accepted solution of moving the patch folder worked for me. Which I'm glad cause I did not want to have to reinstall.
Message 58 of 68 (2,232 Views)

★ Guide

Yeah, I hate that this is still an issue.  This is a game-breaking bug (especially in Act 3 where the conversation with Sister Nightingale will never trigger.)

Message 59 of 68 (2,230 Views)

Re: Freezing issue for discussion in here, not for FIXES

★ Novice

I've think i have found a solution..

after the fight you are given some dialog choices.. i picked it like this and it completed the questline..

down right..

down right..

down left..

and it completed..

Message 60 of 68 (2,107 Views)