Dragon age 2 cloud saves

by Droopy31660

Original Post

Re: Dragon age 2 cloud saves

★★★★★ Expert

@hobbeboy wrote:

And *poof* the thread died.

I'm a bit disapointed this is a MAJOR issue for those of us who where using the service.

If it sint fixed when Dragon age 3 hits the stores there will be ALOT of complaints during yeat another EA game lauch.

AFAIK, DA:I won't use the same system at all.  See the "Dragon Age Keep" discussions on the BioWare forums for what we know about how your previous adventures will be used to establish your initial "world-state", (there'll be absolutely no "Direct Import" of previous saves anyway) and how progress will be saved in DA:I (and going forward.)

Message 11 of 18 (1,297 Views)

★ Apprentice

So no "direct import" translates to you dont need your saves?

No not really.

No direct improt translates too you will not use your save in the game as you have done previusly to import the gamestate since the gamestate is decided by dragons age keep.

This is becasue there is some new consoles out there and if you couldnt import your xbox 360 savegame to your xbox one people would probably not buy the game or buy it on their old machine.

There is nowhere stated that the keep itself wont allow save game import.

And no direct import is a HUGE leap from what the developers say.

They state 

"Will there be traditional Save-Game-Import?
No!"

No traditional save game import does not translate to your savegames has lost all purpose.

And besides its a moot point.

Origin released the cloud save feature and made a big thing about supporting cloud save for the mass effect and dragon age franchise.

To remove all dragon age games and mass effect 2 from the list without telling anyone is why this thread and som any others exist.

What of those who dont buy dragon age 3 should they not be able to import their dragon age origins character to dragon age 2?

Message 12 of 18 (1,293 Views)

★ Apprentice

Soooo several months later.

Anyone got their cloud saves working?

Message 13 of 18 (1,215 Views)

★★★ Novice

Convenient that you marked this as "resolved" back in August, although no resolution was ever found.

I just installed DA:2 today, thinking to myself, "Of course all my save data is backed up to the cloud."

Now it's completely gone, and nobody's figured this **bleep** out since August?

Can somebody from EA or BW please update us and let us know the status of the cloud saves - even if it's just to say "Yeah, we wiped them all. Sorry!" 

Message 14 of 18 (1,176 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah I just installed origin, and finished installing DA2 on my new laptop. I was upset  couldnt find the cloud service for DA2 in the menu. I got too far in the game to start over. 

I agree with you. Can anyone tell us what's going on?

Message 15 of 18 (1,130 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yup...decided to mess around in Dragon Age 2 a bit before I play Inquisition soon, downloaded the game only to find all of my cloud saves are gone, and there does not appear to be any word on the matter. Wow. I am disappoint.

Message 16 of 18 (972 Views)

★★★ Novice

Bump. Give me back my savegames...

Message 17 of 18 (891 Views)

★ Novice

Just an update, I was just now on a chat with a very friendly EA advisor which however couldn't solve my problem. I wouldn't know how much he knew about the issue (I suppose chat supporters wouldn't simply know what our online storage data status is), but after efforts and various clean-up and uninstallings things didn't change.

Message 18 of 18 (683 Views)