Dragon Age profile sync troubleshooting

by Fred_vdp

Original Post

Dragon Age profile sync troubleshooting

[ Edited ]
Hero

Update: With the release of Dragon Age Keep, you can now view your uploaded characters at http://www.dragonagekeep.com

Dragon Age allows you to upload your characters to your profile on the BioWare Social Network Dragon Age Keep. Many players reported issues with profile synchronization, especially since the announcement that Dragon Age Keep, the tool to recreate your world state for Dragon Age: Inquisition, will access these profiles.

Read the full guide here.

If you still have problems, please reply or make a new thread. Make sure to mention which steps described in this guide you have taken.

Note: Syncing your profile is not necessary to get a valid world state for Dragon Age: Inquisition. Even if you sync your profile, you will need to manually recreate your world state using the Dragon Age Keep.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 1 of 14 (34,457 Views)

Re: Dragon Age profile sync troubleshooting

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for this helpful guide.  I have followed all the steps to upload my profiles from my Steam copy of Dragon Age: Origins- Ultimate Edition. Currently, I still get a white screen when attempting to look at my profiles on the the old BSN, and no amount of refreshing seems to make the white screen go away.  I realize that the guide says it may take a couple of hours up to a day for them to fully upload, so I will be patient, but I thought I'd let you know that I'm currently experiencing that issue. I did upload Origins after DA2, but the guide did say that that particular bug has been resolved.  

Message 2 of 14 (34,209 Views)

Hero

@Enferdame Syncing underwent maintenance and may now work better. The old website doesn't function properly anymore, so I advise to check your profile on http://www.dragonagekeep.com

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 14 (34,150 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hi,

It's actually my site, and I've redone the guide a bit to take the Keep team's changes into account.

The issue with Dragon Age 2 being registered first has been fixed, yes, but there are still a few people having trouble. The team is going to run a script either today or early next week to try to fix the few accounts left experiencing it.

Also, the blank white page should be gone now. There was a problem getting to the diagnostics page for a bit after syncing was brought back up, but it's good to go. The data is read only now. There is more info on that in the troubleshooting guide.

The guide has changed to be a bit more of a walk-through since it was becoming unwieldy and possibly confusing being all on one page. I hope your characters have shown up in the Keep by now, but if you're still having trouble check the guide for new steps and feel free to ask a question on the main guide page if you still have trouble after.

Message 4 of 14 (33,983 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So I finished doing everything on the keep.  It says it's synched with the green checkmark and everything. My origin accound and my PSN are tied to the same email. My original data (which my keep stuff isn't based on) was on the 360 while my inquisition game is for PS3.

I'm logged in in inquisition (I've done some multiplayer already) but every yime I go to the keep it says "To Import a customer world state, Log in and visit the dragon age keep"

What am I doing wrong?

Message 5 of 14 (33,608 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Yea an old account is syncing to my da:2 account. I have mo idea on how to change it.
Message 6 of 14 (32,628 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@Nexonkid wrote:

So I finished doing everything on the keep.  It says it's synched with the green checkmark and everything. My origin accound and my PSN are tied to the same email. My original data (which my keep stuff isn't based on) was on the 360 while my inquisition game is for PS3.

I'm logged in in inquisition (I've done some multiplayer already) but every yime I go to the keep it says "To Import a customer world state, Log in and visit the dragon age keep"

What am I doing wrong?

It doesn't actually do any importing from the Keep until you start character creation. The button that says "Dragon Age Keep" just points to the web site. 

Start your character and after it asks your gender/race/class it asks you if you want to import a world state. Just click yes.

Message 7 of 14 (32,602 Views)

★ Apprentice

@thirdhand1 wrote:
Yea an old account is syncing to my da:2 account. I have mo idea on how to change it.

I don't understand what this means.

Message 8 of 14 (32,601 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I am having problem syncing my Origins account to Dragon Age Keep.  I tried uploading a screenshot to try and force a sync and it said "Your online profile storage the maximum number of files allowed by the server."  I was going to test if deleting some of these screenshots to see if it would rectify my sync problem but I don't even know how to get to them outside of using the old forums and I can't do anything with them there.  So in other words how do I delete screenshots so I can see if my saves will sync?

Message 9 of 14 (32,585 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have an account which works on my phone. But when I try to create a world state online using my ps3, it freezes at the tapestry page. ???
Message 10 of 14 (30,027 Views)