Dragon Age II release date check error?

by chey944

Original Post

Dragon Age II release date check error?

★★★ Newbie

I bought Dragon Age II off of Amazon.com. Every time I hit the "play" button, a SecROM message pops up and says it needs to check the release date since this is the first time I'm trying to launch the game. Every time I start the release date check, a message shows up saying " an error occured during the online release date check." Please help...

Message 1 of 14 (12,835 Views)

Re: Dragon Age II release date check error?

Community Manager (retired)

We had a report from a player that a fresh install of the Origin client helped to solve the issue. Try at first to just delete and re-install Origin with the latest file from our website: www.origin.com/download

Check if you are not able to download and install Dragon Age 2 out of your Origin "My Games" library without an error message. If you still have trouble, it might be necessary to clean your PC from all DA2 related registry entries, which might cause trouble with the release check.

Please keep us updated.
Basti

Message 2 of 14 (12,688 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem. I bought a copy of Dragon Age 2 from Mac Game store. After waiting more than an hour to download the game, then install it, I keep getting an error message stating that the release date check failed. There is no information on the securom site that I can find related to Mac, so the instructions are unhelpful and infuriating. I also tried your suggested solution above, downloading the Orion client. That also made no difference. Why is this install so difficult? I've never had so much trouble installing a game in my life.  I am running the latest version of OS X for Mac.

Message 3 of 14 (12,656 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem. 

Message 4 of 14 (10,489 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide
Hello Standard smile
Try installing the patches for the game. The issue should no longer persist if you do so.
Please write again if this worked for you or you need any further assistance Standard smile
--
Please remember to leave XP and accept solutions if a post helped you Standard smile
Message 5 of 14 (10,221 Views)

★★ Novice

I've installed uninstalled and reinstalled the origin for PC and I am still getting the release date check error. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled the game itself. Is there anything else I can do. I bought the disk from Amazon

Message 6 of 14 (9,397 Views)

★★★ Newbie

no luck im still stuck

Message 7 of 14 (9,253 Views)

★★★ Newbie

how do i do this

Message 8 of 14 (9,252 Views)

★ Novice

How can I install the patches?Thinking

Message 9 of 14 (9,046 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue did any find a solution yet?

Message 10 of 14 (8,858 Views)