Dragon Age II on Mac crashing after Sundermount

by KenderExcuses

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age II on Mac crashing after Sundermount

★★★ Newbie

Hey, all, I'm playing DA II on Mac, and when I try to hit "return to camp" after the cutscene with Flemmeth at the altar, the game crashes. I get an option to debug, but so far, that hasn't done anything. Neither has selecting "repair" from the Origins menu. :/

I've tried to work around this multiple ways, but the bug always seems to trigger only after I've talked to Flemmeth at the altar, when I've tried to return to the Daelish camp.

The attached screenshot shows the bug report option. 

Message 1 of 14 (5,871 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dragon Age II on Mac crashing after Sundermount

★ Novice

I had the same issue, tried all the fixes in this thread to no avail.

What worked for me: Open the Dragon Age 2 app from outside Origin. 

Go to User >> Applications >> Dragon Age II (that's where my .app file is installed)

Open up your save at Sundermount and try to initiate the cutscene. Seems like this error is an issue with the Origin client.

Hopefully this works for other folks who are playing the game in 2018. Standard smile

View in thread

Message 14 of 14 (1,313 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem and tried the same fixes.

Message 2 of 14 (5,524 Views)

★ Novice
Did you find a solution? I can’t believe there isn’t a way around this bug! It’s driving me crazy!
Message 3 of 14 (5,398 Views)

★ Novice

So I ended up using a save from a previous playthrough to get around this bug, and then I countered a similar one when exiting the deep roads after the expedition. This is a game killer, and is unacceptable.

Message 4 of 14 (5,377 Views)

★ Novice

I had the exact same problem, both times! I used an earlier save to get around the one on Sundermount, but then ran into the same issue again when leaving Deep Roads. I tried going back to an earlier save, and then an even earlier save, but I got the same result. I've uninstalled then reinstalled both Origin and the game itself, used the Disk Utility-First Aid feature on my Mac, tried to 'Repair" through Origin, tried the de-bugging option... I feel like I've tried just about everything and nothing works. I cannot progress in the game past this one point.

Anyone else have other suggestions on how to fix this?

Message 5 of 14 (5,368 Views)

★ Novice

After trying nearly everything, I found something on The Sims forum that worked! 

https://bluebellflora.com/resetting-ram-during-gameplay/ 

By purging my RAM, the game finally advanced! Hopefully this will work for everyone else having this issue...

Message 6 of 14 (5,364 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hmm. I've tried all of the above fixes and still nothing. I've also deleted my save files and restarted with new characters but no luck.

Message 7 of 14 (5,058 Views)

★★ Novice

I had this problem too und tried much things. At the end I found the solution, maybe it could be helpful for all of you too.

1) Search the Dragon Age II Application (with Spotlight for example);

2) Right click on the App, than choose in context menu "show package contents";

3) Contents  => Resources => transgaming => c_drive => Programm Files => Dragon Age 2 => addins.

4) Try to remove one of the folders, I don't know which one (not delete completely so you can put it back if something doesn't work). I had 12 folders and removed the last one.

Good luck!

Mark

Message 8 of 14 (4,920 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That did not work for me... on to next attempt

Message 9 of 14 (4,521 Views)

★ Novice

Has anyone found a fix for this? I was able to pass Sundermount once after lowering the video to "low" - but now it isn't working again. It crashes when I find Bertrand as a mage, and when returning from the dark roads as a rogue. Sometimes it will crash and if I restart it will work - but most of the time I'm just completely stuck! It keeps happening to me throughout the game.

I sent in something to EA awhile ago but have not heard anything back at all.

Message 10 of 14 (4,465 Views)