Dragon Age II for PC crashes constantly

by winteriris57

Original Post

Dragon Age II for PC crashes constantly

★★★ Newbie

I recently purchased DAII for the PC via Origin and started playing it yesterday.  It crashes anytime I attempt to equip items on my characters, and sometimes during scene transitions (i.e. leaving Gamlen's house).  I've made sure the drivers for my graphics card is updated, bumped DirectX down to 9.  My laptop meets the minimum requirements for this game and I can not figure out why it is crashing constantly.  It's really frustrating as I was looking forward to playing after finishing DAO.  Does anyone have some suggestions on what else to try?

Message 1 of 2 (1,074 Views)

Re: Dragon Age II for PC crashes constantly

★★★ Novice
I dowloaded via origin too. I play while at work during third shift. I have no internet except on my phone. I played through once already and started a new character to play again. I am in act one and am trying to go into gamlen's house for the first time and the game keeps crashing during the transition. Its severely annoying as i can't get to any of my dlc and can't really progress in the game. Why now when i played before and i hadn't changed anything between this game and the last i played. Grr.
Message 2 of 2 (1,023 Views)