Dragon Age II Release Date Check Failed

by zulu0930

Original Post

Dragon Age II Release Date Check Failed

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I've ran into a problem with validating release date check on a downloaded mac version of Dragon Age 2, posted solutions don't seem to work for me

- can't find a mac version of Dragon Age Origins through which I could validate DA2 (as a side point why is it required to buy 2 games to play 1?)

- bioware patches are for PC not mac

- secuROM doesn't provide any OSX support

any ideas? would rather not have to use bootcamp

Message 1 of 6 (1,231 Views)

Re: Dragon Age II Release Date Check Failed

★ Novice

Just read the note from ZULU0930 I have the game Dragon age origins, ultimate edition, I'll reinstall see if that works, I tried the phone to the EA help service, But music recording for 1.1/2 hours waiting to connect. is Not customer Friendly. normdownunder

Message 2 of 6 (1,195 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide
@zulu0930 :
To patch Dragon Age II on Mac, follow this guide: https://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-manually-patch-dragon-age-ii-on-mac/

@normskynorm : If you are having the same issue please follow the guide linked above. If there is another issue please describe it in detail.
--
Please remember to leave XP and accept solutions if a post helped you Standard smile
Message 3 of 6 (1,187 Views)

★ Novice

Hi norm again , the patch guide you gave is for mac, my pc is windows 7, I have even reinstalled dragon age origins in the hope that it would maybe register through origins? but no such luck. this is a Brand New never been opened version, if my EMAIL. and PASS WORD. is used the open a line to this forum WHY THE HELL. cant it unlock the game ???????.  normdownunder

Message 4 of 6 (1,170 Views)

★★★ Guide
@normskynorm :
The guide I posted is for Mac because the original poster described having problems with his Mac version and you said you had the same issue.
On Windows, the solution is even easier. If you registered your Dragon Age II game on Origin, right click on the icon of the game in the Origin client and choose "search update" or download the patches directly from the BSN: http://social.bioware.com/page/da2-patches
I hope this helps you Standard smile
--
Please remember to leave XP and accept solutions if a post helped you Standard smile
Message 5 of 6 (1,162 Views)

★ Novice

Hi Leah I have installed the update 1.4 but for some reason this game will not let me register. as well as the release date check. spoke to a friend he mentioned American regional number as 1 change to Australia regional number 0 or so. there most be something stopping this game from opening. normdownunder

Message 6 of 6 (1,150 Views)