Re: Dragon Age II No Dialogue Audio

by MaximeWeber93

Original Post

Dragon Age II No Dialogue Audio

★ Novice

Hello,

I've recently installed Dragon Age II on my Macbook Pro (2012 Version), and everything works fine, except for the fact that there is absolutely no dialogue sound. I already tried the 'Force Stereo sound'-fix, which has been suggested by a lot of people here, but that doesn't work either. 

Has anyone of you a solution?

Greetings,

Maxime 

Message 1 of 9 (1,787 Views)

Hero

Which audio setups have you tested? (e.g. built-in speakers, headphones, speakers)

Are you missing all voices or only those in conversations?

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 9 (1,778 Views)

★ Novice
I have already tried all three audio set-ups -- built-in speakers, headphones and speakers (Stereo Logitech Speakers).

And all voices are missing, in conversations and outside (e.g. when I click on characters I can see their lips move and the subtitles show up but there is no audio). What's odd though is the fact that grunts and other sounds are all perfectly working.
Message 3 of 9 (1,773 Views)

Hero

Looks like the voice-over files are just missing entirely. Do you have a localized version, or is it the original English one?

Do you have the game on Origin? If so, right click the game and select the repair option. If there are missing files, this should allow the game to detect it and download the voice-overs.

Message 4 of 9 (1,766 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Well, I bought the German version as a physical copy, but I was able to choose between several different languages while installing, so I opted for the English version of the game, because I always prefer the original voice acting.

I have registered it on Origin because I already ran into several issuses while I installed it and which needed Origin to be fixed.

There seems to be no option to repair it, though (I added a photo to show you the options I have when I right-click). Or is that only possible if I download it via Origin?

What's also worth mentioning maybe is that a while ago I installed a copy of the game on my old, now more or less disfunct Windows PC and the German dialogues all worked fine. 

Message 5 of 9 (1,762 Views)

Hero

Even though it may take some time, you may want to uninstall the disc copy and install the Origin version instead. 

Message 6 of 9 (1,750 Views)

★ Novice
Okay, I am going to do that, then - thank you very much for your advice!

Do you also know how I can save my save files?
Message 7 of 9 (1,743 Views)

Hero

@MaximeWeber93 wrote:
Okay, I am going to do that, then - thank you very much for your advice!

Do you also know how I can save my save files?

I don't think save files get deleted, but you can make a backup, just to be sure, by saving them and storing them in a new folder. The save folder is located in Documents - BioWare - Dragon Age II - Save.

Message 8 of 9 (1,728 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you very much for your advice!

Message 9 of 9 (1,714 Views)