Dragon Age II Can't Connect to Xbox Live

by Gh05t257

Original Post

Dragon Age II Can't Connect to Xbox Live

★★★★ Novice

Every time I boot up Dragon Age II for the Xbox 360 it kicks me out of Xbox Live. Because of this I can't get any of the items that you can unlock, I can't get any of the DLC's except getting them when I'm not playing the game, and the last time I played I finished the game...with over 200 saves because it wouldn't save properly the first dozen or more times I tried it before. I've tried two different copies of the disc and tried a digital copy, but all three had the same problems. IDK what's wrong and if someone could help me fix it, it would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 7 (1,984 Views)

Re: Dragon Age II Can't Connect to Xbox Live

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @Gh05t257,

That's really strange. Do you receive an error message when you're kicked out of Xbox Live?

The only thing I can think of at the moment is that it could be related to your password. Do you have a special character in it? If the answer is yes, change your password and make sure it only contains letters and numbers (No accents and no special characters like "&" for instance). 

Let us know if it helped.

Message 2 of 7 (1,977 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It gives no indication that I've signed out until I try to start the game. After I hit the start button it says "You must be connected to Xbox LIVE to access online features of the title." and when I try to connect to Xbox LIVE it says "Your connection to Xbox Live has been lost. Please sign in again." and when I go back to my home screen it signs me back in. Dragon Age II is literally and forcefully signing me out of Xbox Live and has since I got it in 2015. I've tried 2 different hard copies (discs) and also tried paying for a digital copy and none of them worked. Without this I can't get the extra's from the Bioware site that I got for Dragon Age Origins and Awakening.

Message 3 of 7 (1,907 Views)

Hi @Gh05t257,

I never heard of that issue before. I would suggest to contact Xbox support for further assistance with Xbox Live.

Message 4 of 7 (1,894 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It's not a problem with any other games I have. Just Dragon Age 2. Dragon Age Origins and the Mass Effect series don't have that problem. And I know for sure that it's a game problem because I have tried the same game on a friends Xbox 360 and it failed as well even when I was connected to the internet and had Xbox Live working. To top it off it's also affecting the game.

286 saves needed on my fastest play through, no achievements whatsoever and I've beaten the game twice, the settings reset themselves every time I start the game up.

I did what the last person I talked to suggested and tried a digital copy and that too forced me out of Xbox Live. And the time before that I was talking with a person on the chat and they said that they would push the issue up the chain of command and then I got an email saying that the matter had been resolved, but nothing had changed.

Message 5 of 7 (1,814 Views)

Hi @Gh05t257,

I've looked into your account further (I can't see much, only what games are tied to your account) and I don't see DAII. Did you register the code with a different email address? Because not using the account where the key is registered would explain why you are kicked out.

Can you try logging with your different profiles? If you can't remember your login details, contact the support team again with the game code so they can find the account where it was registered.

Hope that helps.

Message 6 of 7 (1,799 Views)

★★★★ Novice

If you mean on social.bioware.com it says I've registered Mass Effect 3, Dragon Age II, and Dragon Age Origins. If you mean on some other website then you'll have to give me the link.

Message 7 of 7 (1,797 Views)