Dragon Age 2 install error Windows 10

by AJBwasntHere

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age 2 install error Windows 10

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

This error message keeps popping up every time I try to install Dragon Age 2 and I'm not very tech savy so I can't make heads or tails of it

Dragon Age 1 downloaded without a problem

My laptop runs on Windows 10. I know space isn't an issue since I still have 808GB free(with DA1 installed)

Update:

Inquisition won't load up either. Same error message

Message 1 of 3 (2,009 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dragon Age 2 install error Windows 10

Community Manager

HI, please ensure that your Windows is fully up to date, check Windows Update to make sure nothing's missing. 

If you have everything you can try manually running the relevant packages from the game install folder. 

If you go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age II\__Installer\vc\vc2008sp1AtlUpdate\redist you'll see vcredist_x86.exe. Please try running this then try to launch the game again. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (2,402 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

HI, please ensure that your Windows is fully up to date, check Windows Update to make sure nothing's missing. 

If you have everything you can try manually running the relevant packages from the game install folder. 

If you go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age II\__Installer\vc\vc2008sp1AtlUpdate\redist you'll see vcredist_x86.exe. Please try running this then try to launch the game again. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 3 (2,403 Views)

★★ Novice

It almost worked then another error showed up. It seems windows is the issue. Thanks for the assist

Message 3 of 3 (1,973 Views)