Dragon Age 2 has "stopped working"

by knockedrail

Original Post

Betreff: Dragon Age 2 has "stopped working"

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Trying something new. I have two drives, my one with my OS and a larger one I have installed 95% of my steam library into. I'm trying a fresh install into where my OS lives in case my computer is getting confused as to where to look. Will report back.

Message 11 of 16 (1,100 Views)

[ Edited ]

@beeeffache

No, don't get rid of them, it's normal, but when did you installed Dragon Age 2 for the first time?

@installation

A new installation might be the best course of action anyway. Run Steam as Administrator this time.

Please let us know how it goes.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 12 of 16 (6,409 Views)

★★ Novice

Worked on the fresh install! Must have been because it was on the wrong drive! Settings maintained between installations (directx 9 default, etc)

Thank you for all the help!

Message 13 of 16 (1,082 Views)

@beeeffache

@beeeffache wrote:

Worked on the fresh install! Must have been because it was on the wrong drive! Settings maintained between installations (directx 9 default, etc)

Thank you for all the help!

I rather think that VC++ for the game got installed probably this time, but in the end it doesn't matter. The main thing is that the game works.  

You're are welcome and thanks for the XP.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 14 of 16 (1,070 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi, I'm having a similar problem. I installed the game last night and it keeps crashing, usually when I change zones. I've tried changing to 9 from 11, no dice. I tried reinstalling. My computer is new as of this year. It's very frustrating. I just played Inquisition all the way through with no problems whatsoever. It's worth mentioning I'm new to PCs as well, always used a mac before, so any help in simple terms would be amazing.

Origin itself, for that matter, also stalls to the point that I have to use task manager to get out of it.

Message 15 of 16 (1,007 Views)

Re: Betreff: Dragon Age 2 has "stopped working"

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @erigensilver,

Are you on Windows 10? Try to launch the game in compatibility mode (Windows 7 for instance) and see if it helps.

Message 16 of 16 (998 Views)