Dragon Age 2 green screen and how to edit SSAO inside config file settings.

by fulsom

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age 2 green screen and how to edit SSAO inside config file settings.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello, so I bought the game for the PC today and I made the mistake of turning the settings on max, and selecting each option in order to benchmark the game for my PC.

I exited the game after editing the settings and after opening that game again I found that after the EA splashscreen a green screen appears, and the only way to exit out of it is to ctrl+alt+delete and close the DA:2 program.

I understand that in order for it to work again I need to turn down the settings, and I am unable to do that from the in game menu as I can't get access to it. I know that I have to edit the graphics options from the config file, but I don't know exactly how to do that because I'm not exactly tech savvy. If at all possible, would you kindly be able to guide me through the DA:2 config file in order to reduce the video settings? I'm sure it is a simple task that I should be able to accomplish but I've never edited a config file before, I don't want to screw with anything, and there's nothing online which would be able to aid me in altering the settings.

Or is there just a simple way to reset the game settings to their default settings? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but that didn't help.

Thanks for reading Standard smile

Message 1 of 3 (616 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dragon Age 2 green screen and how to edit SSAO inside config file settings.

★★★ Newbie

I found the solution myself by visiting the Dragon Age 2 folder in the Origin Games folder, going to the bin_ships folder clicking on DragonAge2Config and then go into video settings and turning Direct X 11 to Direct X 9, thank god this game has a video settings program outisde of the game, I'm very happy!

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (660 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I found the solution myself by visiting the Dragon Age 2 folder in the Origin Games folder, going to the bin_ships folder clicking on DragonAge2Config and then go into video settings and turning Direct X 11 to Direct X 9, thank god this game has a video settings program outisde of the game, I'm very happy!

Message 2 of 3 (661 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

thank you, you sexy beast

Message 3 of 3 (449 Views)