Dragon Age 2 activation key issue

by supercatninja

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age 2 activation key issue

★★★ Newbie

I can't start Dragon Age 2. Every time I try to start it I get a message saying I need to activate the product key. Problem is I've already activated my product key years ago, and could play it fine up until now. It's still installed on my computer. And before you tell me it might be activated on another account, I only use this one, and it even says I have played 57 hours, so it can't be that. 

Message 1 of 6 (1,985 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dragon Age 2 activation key issue

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Thank you. Can I check, have you added any 3rd party/mod content to the game recently?

A repair may help too, right-click the game panel to get the option to repair. 

if you still have no luck can you try re-entering your key and try again? You can click the game panel then Settings > Game properties to see the key. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (2,162 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@supercatninja Are you logging in with your posting account? The game seems to be present so you should be able to continue playing. 

Are you launching the game from within Origin itself? Are you able to see/launch your other games?

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 6 (1,978 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Yes, I'm using this account. I have tried launching it from outside Origin and from Origin and get the same message. I am able to launch play my other games like Mass Effect and Dragon Age: Origins.

Thanks for the reply
Message 3 of 6 (1,973 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Thank you. Can I check, have you added any 3rd party/mod content to the game recently?

A repair may help too, right-click the game panel to get the option to repair. 

if you still have no luck can you try re-entering your key and try again? You can click the game panel then Settings > Game properties to see the key. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 6 (2,163 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Repairing it worked! I don't know why I didn't try that before. Thank you so much for your help! Have a nice day Standard smile

Message 5 of 6 (1,959 Views)

Community Manager

Wonderful, thanks for the confirmation. 

Cheers. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 6 (1,935 Views)