Dragon Age 2, Mac activation fail

by oxdead

Original Post

Dragon Age 2, Mac activation fail

★★ Novice

Situation: Dragon Age II acquired from Amazon for mac.  downloaded and successfully installed DAII.

When I execute DAII I am prompted for my ea account information via the "Dragon Age II Activation" app and I successfully authenticate,   After I authenticate a small window appears that displays "Validating" with a little lock and key graphic, followed by a message that says "We are sorry, An error has occurred"  on one line and "we are unable to connect to ea servers to activate dragon age ii on this computer using your account" in the middle of the lower part of the window.  You can only exit the dialog at this point. This means I cannot play. 

Things I have tried:

* Manual activation via an entitlement code on Origin. This was successful, but no game appears in my origin library.  

* Waiting and trying again. We are on day 2 now. 

* Pouting. This has yet to yield any results.

I am on a mac book pro 11.3. / Mavericks

I downloaded and played DA Origins from amazon and it worked fantastically. 

Anyone who has solved this problem please let me know!

Message 1 of 5 (441 Views)

Re: Dragon Age 2, Mac activation fail

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I had heard that EA's support was awful and I have to say that was the worst support experience of my life. 

A little breakdown of the laughable experience.

1. I explained the situation completely and referenced the link to this forum

2. My support "advisor" sent me 2 articles that were specifically for windows after I told him I was on a mac 2x

3. He tired to tell me my issue was resolved when we hadn't resolved anything

4. He tried to get me to "bypass the router" by unplugging it. This would have disconnected the chat. He clearly didn't have a solution, and was trying to get me to disconnect so he could move on to the next in queue. 

Everything I've heard abut EA is apparently true. 

Message 2 of 5 (432 Views)

★★ Novice

annnnd. back to the top!

Anyone?

Message 3 of 5 (423 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have exact the same problem.

F_U_C#K YOU EA. Support is really bad!

Message 4 of 5 (414 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same exact problem here. No idea what to do. I'm hanging out waiting for someone to help me out in the live chat.

Message 5 of 5 (400 Views)