Dragon Age 2 - Mac. Starting a new game results in crash to desktop: Exception Raised, Unhandled Page Fault

by rajsethi

Original Post

Dragon Age 2 - Mac. Starting a new game results in crash to desktop: Exception Raised, Unhandled Page Fault

★★★ Newbie

I have a Macbook Air 2013 - attempting to get Dragon Age 2 to work

Dragon Age 2 for MAC version 1.04 (1.04.5534)

When starting a new game, the program crashes to the desktop.

Dialog box says:

Exception Raised

Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x0000000c at address 0x7c49728a.

Do you wish to debug it ?

I've seen some other people have similar issues but no solution has been posted.

Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks.

Message 1 of 11 (7,991 Views)

Re: Dragon Age 2 - Mac. Starting a new game results in crash to desktop: Exception Raised, Unhandled Page Fault

Community Manager

What you can try is to delete the game's folder in the Preferences folder of your library.

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 2 of 11 (7,940 Views)

Re: Dragon Age 2 - Mac. Starting a new game results in crash to desktop: Exception Raised, Unhandled Page Fault

★★★★★ Newbie

Deleting the preference from my Library didn't work. Same problem.

Message 3 of 11 (7,887 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

I don't have a Mac myself, but if this started after you updated to OSX (Mavericks) I've heard others had success by reducing the graphics resolution to (slightly) lower settings.

Message 4 of 11 (7,874 Views)

Re: Dragon Age 2 - Mac. Starting a new game results in crash to desktop: Except

★★★ Newbie
I am having the same issue. Were you ever able to resolve it?
Message 5 of 11 (7,529 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have the same problem. running OS EL capitan. Crash after almost every loading screen, plus randomly every 5-10min

Message 6 of 11 (7,447 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I'm late to the thread, but I am also having this same thing happen. Although I'm not even 20 minutes in to the game. Just completed the mercenary quest at Kirkwall. When the error screen pops up. I reset, debugged, nothing works.
Message 7 of 11 (7,004 Views)

★ Novice

I just had the same issue when trying to complete a quest at Sundermount. Got onto EA chat and they had me make sure my Mac permissions are set to allow downloads from mac and other recognised developers, reset origin and reinstall it, and then go to disk utility (in utilities) and select the first aid option in there. It's fixed my game, hope it works for you, too, if you're still looking for an answer!

Message 8 of 11 (6,916 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Nostalgia pulled me back in to this game, but it is my first time playing it on Origin (on Mac). Then I recently this problem.

So also tried everything: "Disk Repair", Origin "Reset", DA2 re-install, "Update", game "Repair", cache removal, and a new character.

NOTHING WORKED. I PAID FOR A GAME (INCLUDING ALL ITS DLCs) TO ONLY BE REWARDED WITH ABOUT 20% OF IT.

--> Can I please get 80% of my money back?

Well, I got hold of EA telephonically and they were not able to figure out the problem. The Advisor told me to report the bug here and they'll see if enough other people had the same problem...here's to hoping for the suffering of others!

By the way, did anyone actually figure out how to resolve this?

Message 9 of 11 (6,018 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem and this is how I fixed it, hope it helps you. 

1. Delete the settings.dap file in the dragon age folder. 

2. Go to your origins account and rick click the game, there is the "repair game" option

After repairing the game I manage to play it bug-free! 

Message 10 of 11 (5,521 Views)