Dragon Age 2 Launcher.xml is missing

by elfshadow26

Original Post

Re: Dragon Age 2 Launcher.xml is missing

★★★★★ Expert

@sicksithjuggy wrote:

I tried this and it does not help. If there is a thread for a complete non working issue please link me to it.

@sicksithjuggy;  You don't say what's going on with your game, so it's impossible to provide any specific assistance.

Try reviewing all the topics in this Forum and see if there's one that describes your issue.

Message 11 of 17 (1,914 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi I bought the DA2 online from Origin online store, and after I have upgraded my system replacing win xp to win 7 ultimate 64, and download it.

As like the others here. The launcher.xml is missing.

Message 12 of 17 (1,693 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
The "Launcher" is not part of the game, and is no longer included with the EA/Origin download version.

What are you trying to do that you think you need it? (The only thing I know of is when installing the Hi-Res Texture Pack. And there's a work-around if that's the issue.)
Message 13 of 17 (1,690 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello Thandal.  

The Black Emporium DLC for Dragon Age 2 I've tried to install recently (within the last few days) is not installing as it does not recognize Dragon Age 2 as being installed.

After some looking around, it seems that the launcher is required for the DLC to recognize the game is installed.

As such, without the launcher file, the Black Emporium DLC will not install.

Message 14 of 17 (1,581 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@marisino wrote:

Hello Thandal.  

The Black Emporium DLC for Dragon Age 2 I've tried to install recently (within the last few days) is not installing as it does not recognize Dragon Age 2 as being installed.

After some looking around, it seems that the launcher is required for the DLC to recognize the game is installed.

As such, without the launcher file, the Black Emporium DLC will not install.

Please contact an EA Game Advisor using the Help Center (link in the top-right of every page.)

They are the only ones who can assist with code/authorization issues if the normal process doesn't work.

Message 15 of 17 (1,572 Views)

★★★ Novice

If you have DA II on Origin, just right click on the game in origin, click repair like he said, it works perfectly every time. It does work and thank you.

Message 16 of 17 (1,099 Views)

★★★ Novice

They knew about it, but were too lazy to tell you all you had to do was hit repair on the game.

Message 17 of 17 (1,098 Views)