Re: Dragon AGE DLCs don't work

by 09876-38

Original Post

Dragon AGE DLCs don't work

★★★ Novice

So here is the thing.

I've recently bought Dragon Age II with the Mark of The Assassin DLC and downloaded them as well. Now the main game seems to work properly. However I don't recieve the letter for the Black Emporium. Also whenever I want to to start the MotA and click on that statue in the Hawke estate an info box appears only with the options 'yes' and 'no. After clicking yes the DLc starts with the cutscene with Varric and Cassandra, but they don't move their lips, there is no sound and not even subtitles, same thing with the cutscene before the fight afterwards. Beacuse of that I didn't even continiue to play the DLC any further.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall the game again already but this seemed to have messed up the game even further because after the second installing there was no desktop shortcut for the game and I cannot uninstall it again because i don't find it among my other programms.

Please somebody help me, I don't know what to do about this anymore.

Message 1 of 3 (408 Views)

Community Manager

@09876-38 Hmm, it does sound like there's an install issue. You could try to run the repair function to try to resolve the other issues you mention. 

Back on the DLC, did you download them through Origin or this page?

https://social.bioware.com/page/da2-dlc

Try both, perhaps it will help with resolving your issue. 

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 3 (395 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello and thank you for your reply.

I kind of solved the problem more or less. I downloaded both, the game and the DLC from Origin. I am actually from Germany but I wanted to play the game in english. So I changed the language in the configuration menu. When I changed it back to german, the Black Emporium and Marc of the Assassin then suddenly worked well again. So I can play them in german properly now. However I'd prefer playing them in english as well.

Is there a way to make them work in english?

Message 3 of 3 (392 Views)