Download In Progress won't go away

by 2484stryker

Original Post

Download In Progress won't go away

★ Novice

Hi guys,

I've tried checking for updates, verify game integrity, rebooting, etc., but everytime I go to launch Dragon Age II, this pops up saying there is 3.44MB file download in progress.  I can simply click Play and bypass it, but it is annoying, and I'm curious as to what the 3.44MB download is.  This only happens with DAII, and not DA:O Ultimate Edition or ME3.

Screenie

Thanks!

Message 1 of 15 (16,253 Views)

Re: Download In Progress won't go away

Community Manager

Please uninstall the Origin client and redownload and reinstall it. That fixes most download issues.

You can get the latest Origin client here: http://www.origin.com/download

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 2 of 15 (16,142 Views)

★★ Novice

Adding a me too.  I've uninstalled, re-downloaded and reinstalled Origin in addition to everything stryker mentioned, but Origin is still prompting a download that never starts everytime I launch DA2 from inside the client.  Perhaps it's obvious, but this does not happen when I launch from DA2's exe shortcut instead.

Message 3 of 15 (16,111 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Adding a me too. As above I have uninstalled, redownloaded, and reinstalled origins. I still get the same "Download in progress" message. It continues to say that it is stuck at 74%. Yet, I am able to download other files completely and have no problem with them. I need this issue fixed please. I would love to be able to do a playtrough of DA2 to be ready for DA3.

Message 4 of 15 (16,064 Views)

Community Manager

Can you try whitelisting Origin in your firewall and anti-virus, and run it as admin.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 15 (16,055 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

To uninstall and redownload Origin was the worst advice I have ever been given in this forum. Now I must download and reinstall every HUGE game I own because it knows I have them but not that they are installed. 

EDIT: To make it even worse, the redownloaded games are now asking if I want to UNINSTALL THEM instead if install them and no PLAY button will appear because it has been replaced by an UNINSTALL BUTTON. All of this to get rid of a stalled download that is an over a year old known issue?

Message 6 of 15 (14,694 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having this same problem, but with Dragon Age Origins. All my other games, including Dragon Age 2, work fine. It's just DAO that won't load.

It's especially odd because the progress bar perpetually claims it's 0% downloaded, but the numbers underneath it say it's downloaded 194.21 MB.... of 34.22 MB. What the hell.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Origins, but that hasn't helped. Unhappily looking at uninstalling and reinstalling Dragon Age Origins and hoping it doesn't screw with anything too much.

Message 7 of 15 (14,122 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same exact problem and yes I just reinstalled it! Why does this program have to be so awful? Just join Steam already...

Message 8 of 15 (13,902 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had this same problem, I ran origin as administrator and it fixed this problem.

Message 9 of 15 (13,529 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@gascat77 Are you serious?

EA-titles on a platform where users rate and comment games and fake reviews get downvoted/flagged ?

That'd be suicide. They'd be forced to make their cr@p work "out of the box", something they'll probably never b able to pull off.

Message 10 of 15 (13,330 Views)