Damage Cap patch 1.03

by DrZaorish

Original Post

Damage Cap patch 1.03

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

Is there any way to remove damage cap for elite rank enemies, which was introduced in patch 1.03?

"Lieutenant-rank enemies can no longer lose more than 40% of their health from a single hit, and boss-rank enemies cannot lose more than 20%."

Message 1 of 5 (681 Views)

Re: Damage Cap patch 1.03

★★★ Guide

@DrZaorish

Are you sure you're in the right forum? This is the Dragon Age II forum. Which game is this about? I'm also not sure what the problem is. If an enemy is losing 40% of their life in a single hit that's 3 hits to kill it. At 20% it's 5 hits. It sounds like whatever this fix was it helped to level the playing field a bit and make things a little more challenging. If it's still too difficult, can you just change the difficulty?

Message 2 of 5 (659 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Dragon Age II 1.03 patch notes, balance section:

"Lieutenant-rank enemies can no longer lose more than 40% of their health from a single hit, and boss-rank enemies cannot lose more than 20%."

So, yes I'm sure.

And it's not difficulty problem, it's just about common sense. Greater part of rogue skills just do nothing with this damage cap. For example: Assassinate upgrades (Annihilate, Overkill) becomes useless because you will hit cap even without them.

There is another ridiculous thing about this change, dual-wield rogues calculates they abilities as 2 hits, so melee rogue can hit boss for 40% hp actually, which means that archers twice as worse than dual-wielders...

Message 3 of 5 (648 Views)

★★★ Guide

@DrZaorish

Well, seeing as this is a player helping player forum, we can't do anything about the patch. You could try to roll back your patch to 1.02, but I have no idea as to where you'd even begin to look for that.

One hit killing a boss seems super over powered to me anyway, but to each their own.

Lastly, I wasn't trying to be rude, people posting in the wrong game forum happens all the time. 

Message 4 of 5 (638 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Anyway thx for your response =)

It seems like there was mod which removes this damage cap.

http://social.bioware.com/project/6654/#details

So I was hoping perhaps someone still have it.

Message 5 of 5 (629 Views)