Re: DA2 won't play because it says redeem code already used.

by Nikthesick

Original Post

DA2 won't play because it says redeem code already used.

★★★ Newbie

Hi there.  I have a new system, and installed DA 2 on it.  When attempting to play the game, it says the product key has already been used.  It was used, on my old computer, which is no more....  So, I should still be able to play the game that I purchased on my new system, but it won't allow me to, it says I need a new product key that has not been registered. 

Message 1 of 4 (736 Views)

Community Manager

@playeriugvu3rv Hey, you'll just need to use the same account that you were using initially. The code will be associated with this account, and using this you should be able to access all your previous games. 

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 4 (717 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello there,

I've got the same issue. The game won't start because the serial is already in use.

I managed to register the game online in my account but it still won't work.

The problem is that I got the game 2nd hand. So the ID has already been in use with another account completely unknown to me.

Is there a possibility to disable the game for the former user and transfer the ID to my account instead?

Best regards

Niklas

Message 3 of 4 (705 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide
Hello Niklas,

where exactly did you register the game online? For now I will just assume you're talking about Origin.
If the former owner did redeem the code for themself, it should not be possible to redeem it again.
You cannot play the game via the Origin client if the former owner already redeemed the code. Arranging a transfer/disableling the other person's code is also not possible.
If you feel like you want to play the game via Origin (as far as I know it is not required) I'm afraid you have to contact the seller to work out a refund.

If I got something about your situation wrong feel free to add new info.

Best regards,
Dani
--
Please remember to leave XP and accept solutions if a post helped you Standard smile
Message 4 of 4 (681 Views)