Re: DA2 being sold, but not DLC?

by FluidPanNerd

Original Post

Accepted Solution

DA2 being sold, but not DLC?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

So I never had DA2 on PC on my own account. I finished it once when a buddy of mine let me play it on his account and console when he went to vacation for a month. I was really looking forward to replaying the game on my own account with my own DA:O save file. In a rush a bought DA2 on this holiday sale and got confused to see that the DA2 DLC was missing from Origins! I was really hoping to take advantage at being maybe a legendary edition of DA2 on the holiday sale! I contacted EA Customer Service and here's a conversation I had with an advisor:

info: Your approximate wait time is 0 minute.
info: You are now ready to chat with (advisor).
(advisor): Thanks for contacting EA Customer Experience, my name is (advisor's name). How may I assist you today?
you: Hello and Happy Holidays
you: I had a question about Dragon Age 2 DLC
you: Now Ive been really interested in playing the game
you: and I want to buy the DLC
you: but it seems as if the DLC other than Black Emporium is missing on Origins?
you: and I was told that Bioware points are no longer a thing
you: meaning that I could not purchase via bioware points
you: Do you have any suggestions?
(advisor): Hi there! So you wanted to buy the other expansion packs of DA2
you: Yes sir
you: Most especially since the game itself was on sale already
(advisor): Oh alright, the DLC for the Dragon Age 2 is already not available in the Store in Origin Frown
you: Oh really? Is Origins not going to release it? That's really disappointing since I already bought the game unfortunately
you: So is it safe to assume it will not be going on the Origins store?
(advisor): Yeah, I understand it and I know how it feels for you.
(advisor): Yes, that's right Frown
you: That's unfortunate and very odd considering they're selling full dlc versions of Dragon Age Origins
you: regardless I'll make sure to tell others who are curious about this
you: I very much appreciate your time during this holiday season
you: Thank you sir and have a good day
(advisor): I apologize if I was not able to resolve this case for you. I hope I was able to provide you a good customer service despite of this. Standard smile
info: Your chat transcript will be sent to @gmail.com at the end of your chat session.

(I didn't feel like I should reveal the advisor's name? lol sorry if that's weird)

Needless to say, I'm confused and disappointed, and I fully understand that this is also my fault for not investigating more about the DLC before buying the game by itself.  Furthermore, does anyone know why Origins is not selling DA2 DLC (Mark of the Assassin, The Exiled Prince, Legacy)? As pointed out in my conversation with the advisor, it's very weird to me that DA:O is being sold with complete DLC packages yet DA2 is being sold as a standalone (given that promotional DLC is given for everyone like Black Emporium).

Message 1 of 3 (711 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Guide

As far as I can tell the Dragon Age II DLC is still for sale. If you've purchased the game, click on it in your game library and then click extra content. The DLC available should be there for you to purchase.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (773 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Newbie

Here's hoping they give a solid answer on this soon.

Message 2 of 3 (692 Views)

★★★ Guide

As far as I can tell the Dragon Age II DLC is still for sale. If you've purchased the game, click on it in your game library and then click extra content. The DLC available should be there for you to purchase.

Message 3 of 3 (774 Views)