DA: Origins save won't import to DA2

by svvinky

Original Post

DA: Origins save won't import to DA2

★★★ Newbie

Hey so, im sure this question has probably been asked a bunch of times but i just cannot find a solution to my problem anywhere. I played origins on my laptop (on steam i should add), but i have a new pc now, which i want to play the second one on. I took the files from my laptop (Documents>Bioware>Dragon Age Origins>Characters>my character), put them on a usb, transferred them over to my pc, tried making a characters folder since there was none already and putting my save in there AND making a quick new character just so the game would make the characters folder itself and doing the same, but I STILL have no options when i try to import an origins save in the create a character screen. Any ideas what could be wrong? I really dont know any other way importing my save...

Message 1 of 2 (622 Views)

Re: DA: Origins save won't import to DA2

★★ Novice

I'm certainly no expert, but have you tried checking that your "saves" file is actually called "saves" and located in documents>bioware>dragon age 2>characters>your character?

Also, when I'm importing my saves to a whole new computer, I just take the character file (documents>bioware>dragon age 2>characters) and zip it, mail it to myself, and zip it up on my new computer at documents>bioware>dragon age 2.

Message 2 of 2 (591 Views)