Original Post

Accepted Solution

Crash while loading Hanged Man

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Operating System: Windows 8.1

CPU: Intel Celeron CPU 8.77 @1.40 GHz
RAM: 4GB (3.89 Usable)

Digital Download (from Origin, less than a week ago)

Okay, so I've only barely started Act 2.  Every time I try to load the Hanged Man location, the loading screen pops up like normal and takes about the same amount of time as usual... then the game minimizes and I get the "Dragon Age II has stopped working" message. 

It happens every time I try to access the Hanged Man, whether I'm coming from the map or accessing it in Lowtown.  It started happening right after talking to the viscount when Year 4 begins.

I've tried a few of the fixes around the web (including changing from DirectX 11 to 9, the graphics quality from high to medium to low, etc.), to no avail. I think I have the version with all of the patches (v1.04).

Any help or guidance would be much appreciated!

EDIT: Here's the event log, if that's at all helpful:

Faulting application name: DragonAge2.exe, version: 1.4.8524.0, time stamp: 0x4f1e9fb5
Faulting module name: DragonAge2.exe, version: 1.4.8524.0, time stamp: 0x4f1e9fb5
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x004e7228
Faulting process id: 0x2f3c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d09bc82b4ecb24
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age II\bin_ship\DragonAge2.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age II\bin_ship\DragonAge2.exe
Report Id: 3fddeb57-0801-11e5-becc-a0481c0b96c3
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 
Message 1 of 4 (576 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Crash while loading Hanged Man

Community Manager

@GanseytheThird Hey, if you haven't already, can you try a repair. Right-click the game panel in Origin to get the option. 

it's also worth trying a Clean Boot in case some 3rd party program is interfering. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (673 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@GanseytheThird Hey, if you haven't already, can you try a repair. Right-click the game panel in Origin to get the option. 

it's also worth trying a Clean Boot in case some 3rd party program is interfering. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 4 (674 Views)

★ Novice

I repaired the game and restarted my laptop a few times - then after a disk check & repair, it loads just fine! Thanks so much Standard smile

Message 3 of 4 (541 Views)

Community Manager

Good to hear, thanks for the update. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 4 (525 Views)