Re: Bug? Issue with interaction with Fade book potentially.

by EA_Kristi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Bug? Issue with interaction with Fade book potentially.

★ Novice

So I am 80-90% sure I am either hitting a big or some issue with the graphics perhaps somehow causing issues with this, but I am not getting the book in the fade to respond to my mouse clicks and drop as it should when it turns real in its rotation. I've pretty much ruled out not being close enough or fast enough in my clicks to get this book to drop to the ground, using the pattern on the floor I know I am trying to interact with it about half a floor till next to it and positioned to it is on the right side of me when I left click to interact with the book as I would a chest or other object and not having issues with any other object with in the fade of the NIght Terror Quest.

I can not be positive 100% I'm not mis-clicking but I've tried this enough time now and used common sense to limit the human error enough I am asking here if there is a know issue or any one else had a similar problem caused by needing to temporary adjust the graphics or something. If I can not get this to work it isn't a huge issue but I want to understand what is going on since again I am using the floor and pillars to position the book next to me on the right, watching for it to show real and clicking it back side on the spine when I can see it go to a solid state with the camera close so  the book is a nice big target on my right side with the same left mouse key I use to interact with everything else in the game and clicking it rapidly I shouldn't be missing the timing window to grab and make the book drop to the floor to be picked up and learned for 1 ability point. I am not getting any interaction with the book despite all this. 

Message 1 of 2 (860 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA Staff

Hello @TheLoneAngel,

If I do remember this right, then getting the book to drop down was a pain for me as well. I believe I staked out a specific spot on the books route and stood there good 15 minutes trying to get the book to drop.

You could try running repair on the game from Origin just to make sure there are no issues with the game files (right click the game tile in Origin and select 'Repair'), but I do believe this is just a tricky part of the quest.

Let us know how you get on.
- Kristi

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (1,008 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

Hello @TheLoneAngel,

If I do remember this right, then getting the book to drop down was a pain for me as well. I believe I staked out a specific spot on the books route and stood there good 15 minutes trying to get the book to drop.

You could try running repair on the game from Origin just to make sure there are no issues with the game files (right click the game tile in Origin and select 'Repair'), but I do believe this is just a tricky part of the quest.

Let us know how you get on.
- Kristi

Message 2 of 2 (1,009 Views)