Re: Audio problems on DA2

by MalicosTreven

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Audio problems on DA2

★★ Novice

I'm having a problem with the audio features on Dragon Age 2.  Music, SFX, and Dialogue are all set at max volume (10).  I can hear the music and the sfx, but the voices are incredibly soft in the introduction -- I can only hear the voices if I turn up my volume on my speakers all the way.  I just downloaded patch 1.04 and it made no difference.  I just finished Dragon Age Origins and had no problems with the sound.  I also can't seem to find anyone else (with a very cursory search) who's encountered this problem.

Please let me know if there's something I'm missing or somewhere I can go to find a quick fix.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 6 (15,186 Views)

Accepted Solution

Message 2 of 6 (16,280 Views)

All Replies

Message 2 of 6 (16,281 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Great, thanks -- they had the solution.

Message 3 of 6 (15,159 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also have this same problem, but your solution didn't do anything for me. Music and sfx are fine, but the dialogue sound is very low depending on the position of the character talking. The sound has an echo to it, like I'm in a sewer drain, and like I said the softness of the speaking character is relative to speakers position. To clarify, I can take my mouse and turn the scene, and it will make the speaker louder or softer. Any ideas

Message 4 of 6 (15,089 Views)

@DuiePyle wrote:

I also have this same problem, but your solution didn't do anything for me. Music and sfx are fine, but the dialogue sound is very low depending on the position of the character talking. The sound has an echo to it, like I'm in a sewer drain, and like I said the softness of the speaking character is relative to speakers position. To clarify, I can take my mouse and turn the scene, and it will make the speaker louder or softer. Any ideas

That's the same problem I had when I first started playing DA2; I turned the music off, sound effects down and dialogue up which helped a little. Ultimately I ended up switching to a headset.

Found this...

Audio issues, echo

SD Signature Banner

Message 5 of 6 (15,086 Views)

★★ Novice

I had this issue and I then installed patch 1.04 and my sound improved greatly without having to turn on forced stereo.

The Steps I took were:

1. Installed Patch 1.04 (Which broke the launcher due to "dragonage2launcher.xml not found error"

2. To fix the error I simply updated the game from Origins

After these steps I was able to launch and my audio issues were fixed.

I am running the game on Windows 8.1 using Windows 7 compatability.

Message 6 of 6 (9,657 Views)