Re: Arishok duel bug

by 420trident

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Arishok duel bug

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've encountered a problem with this fight when I defeat the Arishok, but it does not go to the cutscene of this death. Instead, combat ends but the Arishok gets back up (with minimal health) and continues to attack every now and again. But since combat has ended you can't actually attack him back in turn.

I had only 3 mods (Evolving Legacy Items) running, but even after taking them out and re-running the fight I get the same result.

This is my 5th playthrough and the only time I've seen this happen. That said, this was the first time I've played the Legacy DLC in Act II and I don't know if that has somehow affected things. Hawke is a Mage if that helps any.

I've tried using console commands to jump to Act III but that created an entirely new problem - half of your companions became unselectable (to fill slots in your party). I even tried using the console to kill the Arishok but get the same result (and becomes unkillable by the console after gets up).

Help!

Message 1 of 10 (5,688 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Apprentice

For anyone else running into this problem:

I went back to a prior save, before playing through the Legacy DLC, and was then able to then get through Act II without issue.

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (6,013 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice

For anyone else running into this problem:

I went back to a prior save, before playing through the Legacy DLC, and was then able to then get through Act II without issue.

Message 2 of 10 (6,014 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Still havin a problem...

I tried everything...

8 th walkthrough it was happened & i played LAGACY first, after playing LAGACY, I still can not defeat Arishok.

I mean he gets up even after killing him...

I started new after these & removed all mod still these bug came into new walk through...

I have tried many alternate solution like remove all mods, play lagacy before act 2,...

http://http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1262709-arishoks-dual-bugged/

some solution available...but not helping me either...

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/300/index/8105281/1

Solution?

Thanx in advance...

Message 3 of 10 (5,574 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi 

I had the same problem and after trying the fight 5 times Confusedmileymad:and not finding an answer on the web I just went with "I won't duel" reply and you all end up fighting and hey it worked.  Bit of nuisance if you wanted to get the King of the Hill achievement but this is the only way I could get the game to move to the cutscene.  Hope this helps Confusedmileyhappy:

I should point out that I hadn't played any of the DLC's at this point in the game as I always leave those for the third act, also I tried reloading an earlier scene and that didn't work.  I know some people have said to list mods, but got loads of those and it would take me ages trying to find out which one (if any) have caused the problem. 

Message 4 of 10 (4,517 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Pause the game the moment he dies. Save the game then load. Worked for me. I think it's because the 20k exp you get after killing him that makes you level up is the cause.

Message 5 of 10 (3,569 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My bad, when you save you have to time it just when you get the xp for killing him, then load.

Message 6 of 10 (3,564 Views)

★★ Novice

So, Chignome is basically correct. I controlled for all other factors, and every time that I leveled after the battle, I had an issue. Depending on what level you are, however, the 20k might not level you if you are at the start of a new level. I was 25 already, but I just inched my xp up using the console until I leveled, then after the battle, it played out as it should. Using Chignomes save strategy just moved the problem, the Arishok would still jump into a conversation about what happened to his emissary, but now afterward, he would not be attacking, just standing there with the quest notifier above his head. So, either use the console (runscript addxp #) of try to time your xp to not level after the fight and you will be fine.

Message 7 of 10 (3,464 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Sadly After 6 attempts it didn't work for me.. I will have to find the console command for after the fight

Message 8 of 10 (829 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Dalethfc1 Also,, No plot points for after he dies except for the letters, which means you dont have the row outside your house or run around everywhere. Looks like it's the fight them all.
Message 9 of 10 (828 Views)

Community Manager

Hi all, 

Since this is an old thread that's been inactive for a number of years, I am going to lock it to prevent necro-posting. 

If you need a hand with something, or if you'd like to ask a question please feel free to create a new thread. 

Kent.png
Message 10 of 10 (807 Views)