Re: Question about Steam copy

by Anonymous

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Question about Steam copy

Anonymous

I bought this game through Steam in December and activated the key on my Origin account. Does activating the key on my Origin account prevent me from playing it on Steam again?

Message 1 of 9 (1,460 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@Anonymous Hey, they are separate, so you shouldn't lose access to the Steam version. You may have some install issues if you keep your Steam version installed, so if you do be sure to remove the old version first. 

Thanks for the question. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (1,672 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Anonymous Hey, they are separate, so you shouldn't lose access to the Steam version. You may have some install issues if you keep your Steam version installed, so if you do be sure to remove the old version first. 

Thanks for the question. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 9 (1,673 Views)

Anonymous

Thanks for answering. I recently found out that there are some EA games on Steam that you can use the CD Keys and activate them on Origin. But I couldn't find a clear answer on whether it would prevent the Steam versions from working. So thanks for clearing it up.

Message 3 of 9 (1,435 Views)

Community Manager

No problem at all. :eahigh_file:

Be sure to grab Mass Effect 2 from Origin On The House if you don't have it already, too. 

Cheers.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 9 (1,430 Views)

Anonymous

I already did.

Message 5 of 9 (1,428 Views)

★ Guide

Oddly what you find is when you install this game via Steam it will also show up in your Origin list as well even though it's installed in a separate folder completely it does on my system so I now install it via Origin only now to stop the messing as it shows I have DS2 twice on my list and both are full games one isn't a trial check out my picture I have to hide one copy

Message 6 of 9 (1,391 Views)

★★ Pro

How did you get your Sims 2 into Origin?

Message 7 of 9 (1,327 Views)

★ Guide
My Sims 2 is the Ultimate edition EA gave away for free a few years back to mark the anniversary of the game. It comes with all the add ons and expansions too.
Message 8 of 9 (1,321 Views)

Anonymous

I have had Origin detect Dead Space 2 installed through Steam but it didn't show up twice in my list. Also when trying to launch it through Origin when the game was installed through Steam just refused to launch. 

Message 9 of 9 (1,086 Views)