Re: Origin in game, says it must be turned on? Still not working.

by renooise

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin in game, says it must be turned on? Still not working.

★★★ Novice

I have turned Origin in Game on, Shift F1 won't open it, going to the suit kiosk or bench tells me it needs to be turned on.

Sofar I have: (done for both game and Origin)

1) Toggled it on / off with restarts.

2) Opened recommended ports in my router.

3) Allowed exception in my firewall.

4) Attempted repair of game. (No issues found)

5) Added exception in AV.

Oddly it worked fine before I had anything to use it for in the game.

Been playing it co-op with a buddy of mine, his is working just fine.

WTF? Christ if my buddy didn't want to play this so bad co-op I'd never have gotten it. Hate this crap from EA.

What else am I missing?

Message 1 of 77 (108,160 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Novice

Hmm had the same problem and fixed it by going to video settings and setting my resolution to my screens native resolution and changing it to Windowed (Full screen) mode as well as enabling v sync. Turning off v sync disables Origin in game for me and so does changing it to full screen (not windowed mode). Dunno if that will work for you guys.

View in thread

Message 7 of 77 (117,672 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Also, I have disabled both my AV and firewall and tried it again.

Message 2 of 77 (107,989 Views)

★★ Novice

Can someone chime in on this? I have the exact issue - want to play co-op with friend but origin in-game overlay doesn't show up in Dead Space 3. It shows up in Battlefield 3 for me.

I've spent hours on this with no luck. I've tried -

repairing DS3

repairing Origin

uninstalling and then reinstalling  DS3

uninstalling and then reinstalling  Origin

Revo hard uninstall DS3

Revo hard uninstall Origin

updated graphics drivers

turned off all unneeded programs, running Windows 7 bare.

used "run as administrator" on all origin exe's and DS3 exe's.

turning off all anti-virus software

restarting my computer

I've done a few of these multiple times. The game is currently useless in terms of multiplayer, as I can't get into a co-op game without this stupid overlay working. I'm extremely frustrated. Please help.

Message 3 of 77 (107,963 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I think all the problem comes from the last patch from the origin client, when they improved the achievements section, so maybe they made a mistake with Dead Space 3, wich i remember that my in-game overlay was ok several months ago... I reinstalled all my video drivers... origin... DS3... everything and nothing happened Frown. The overlay Works just fine on other games like Crysis 2, Dead Space 2, etc.

Message 4 of 77 (107,917 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here. Just installed and wanted to play COOP with my friend and it's not working. Always says Origin ingame must be enabled. Tried everything and nothing works. Frown

Message 5 of 77 (107,794 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ea is just bad. God bless steam. I bbought Dead SPace 3 and i cant play multyplayer....

Message 6 of 77 (107,758 Views)

★ Novice

Hmm had the same problem and fixed it by going to video settings and setting my resolution to my screens native resolution and changing it to Windowed (Full screen) mode as well as enabling v sync. Turning off v sync disables Origin in game for me and so does changing it to full screen (not windowed mode). Dunno if that will work for you guys.

Message 7 of 77 (117,673 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
This WORKS.
Pretty lame but..

I put mine in windowed mode, I do have Vsync on, but as soon as I switched to windowed mode Origin in game popped up and I could acces the DLC. 
Thing is, I don't want to have to play in windowed mode but at least I can see the DLC now..
EDIT: OR I can play in fullscreen mode with Vsync turned off.. But I'm running on an LCD monitor that likes vsycn and is running at 120hz. At least it's playable fullscreen now.. Kinda weird bug though.. Please fix EA!
@g0odkat wrote:

Message 8 of 77 (107,725 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You need to update your Origin to beta, it works for me. 

http://www.origin.com/news/origin-how-tos-opt-in-to-beta-versions-of-the-origin-client

Message 9 of 77 (107,519 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi!

Any of suggested solutions didn't work for me, but one thing did. Go to your settings -> visual -> turn on windowed mode, then Origin In Game must work. The problem seems to be that Origin In Game function conflicts with DS3 official full screen mode, they simply can't switch between each other, but in windowed mode - they can.

But, this didn't solve my coop connection problem (still fails to connect my friend's server) :D

Message 10 of 77 (107,443 Views)