Dead Space freezes on loading screen

by FlippinDingus

Original Post

Dead Space freezes on loading screen

★ Novice

I boot up Dead Space, I click New Game, select my difficulty and then it gets stuck on the loading screen. I uninstalled and Installed again and nothing. On top of that, the mouse moves really slowly. I'm new to PC gaming, so this is really off-putting. Please help, this is one of my favorite games of all time.

Message 1 of 9 (5,275 Views)

Re: Dead Space freezes on loading screen

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @FlippinDingus

Have you tried to Repair the game in Origin client? Updated you GPU drivers? Are you running Origin as a Administrator? What version of Windows are you currently using? 

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 2 of 9 (5,242 Views)

★ Novice

I did choose the repair feature. My GPU drivers are updated. Yes, I am the administrator. Windows 10, but I barely built my PC, so I have not purchased to full version, I'm still using the version from my USB flash.

Message 3 of 9 (5,235 Views)

★ Novice

Having the exact same issue. I've tried repairing, running both Origin AND Dead Space as administrator, changing resolutions, etc., etc. Nothing helps. I start a new game and it starts loading and freezes almost immediately. Was going to play this to pass the time until Andromeda's release but I guess not. Also running Windows 10.

Message 4 of 9 (5,214 Views)

Community Manager

@FlippinDingus @The1andOnlyJesus

Can you both please post your Dxdiag report here so we can take a look for you, thanks.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

barry.png
Message 5 of 9 (5,209 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am experiencing the same thing - it takes a few minutes to go 'not responding' in task manager, but always hangs during 'loading...' after difficulty selection.

My dxdiag information is attached.

It would be great to be able to play this - this series is part of why I subscribed to Origin Access and to have this not work is disappointing.

Message 6 of 9 (4,870 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well, I played about 10 minutes of the game after setting compatibility to 'Windows 7' and running as administrator.

There is pretty bad mouse lag - I'll try to fix that next.

Message 7 of 9 (4,865 Views)

★ Novice

I was having issues with it freezing at loading screen on Windows 10. Tried admin and modding settings txt as well as compatibility mode of exe. On a whim placed dx9 dxvk files into same folder as the exe and the game works fine now. Guessing it is an issue with direct x not installing correctly at install. 

Message 8 of 9 (2,018 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had this issue too. It seems to be fixed by turning off the origin in game display. No clue why that works, but it does.

Message 9 of 9 (1,789 Views)