Re: Dead Space 3 Stuck at 25% or Can't Finish installing *Fixed*

by johnson-oz

Original Post

Dead Space 3 Stuck at 25% or Can't Finish installing *Fixed*

★★★ Newbie

Hello Everybody

I recently bought a the humble Origin Bundle which included DS3. I had a bit of trouble installing the game because it would freeze at 25% done, stop installing, and put the install button back up. I did a bit of research and found a fix. I'm posting it here because I love you all <3

Commence the Fix: At 25% Origin starts installing redistributables, if you can't get past 25%, or you get an error message telling you that Direct X couldn't be installed, just install direct x from here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=8109

Fix Part 2: After fixing my direct x, The download for me continued past 25, but it would still revert back to the install button instead of the play button. I looked in the install logs which I located in C:\Program Files(x86)\Origin Games\Dead Space 3\_Installer. The file will be called InstallLog. I noticed this line:

20  ERROR: Failed to install 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dead Space 3\GDFBinary_en_US.dll' for install path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dead Space 3\'
19:00:20  Failed to install GDF

To fix this you need to create a registry path called C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dead Space 3\

1. Go to your start menu and in the searchbar type RegEdit and click on the program listed, alternatively you could use the "Run" feature.

2. In RegEdit, use the Folder Explorer on the left to Navigate to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\EA Games\Dead Space 3

3. Right Click anywhere in the panel on the right and press New > String Value      Name it "Install Dir"

4. Right click on the new value that you created and click "modify"

5.Type in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dead Space 3\

Note: if the error message in YOUR InstallLog pointed to a different folder, type that one in instead.

You are done! Close RegEdit, don't worry it will be saved automatically. The play button should now appear in your My Games section of Origin.

On a side note: Many people say that editing the registry can be dangerous. You shouldn't worry too much because you are just making a small change in it. Just don't run around RegEdit  and delete every value that you find :P

Message 1 of 4 (5,416 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Newbie

thanks for posting that, and well done for finding that line in the install log.  I'm in the middle of troubleshooting a mass effect installation also stuck at 25%, and yes it seems to be the directx installer.

Message 2 of 4 (4,399 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Easiest Way to fix it FASTER!

The Problem is the DXSETUP.EXE! 
Will maybe work at a lot of Origin Games ^^ 

My Installation also stucked at 25%.

How i solved it: Start the Installation.

At 25% just go to Task Manager and delete the Task: DXSETUP.EXE, after that the Installation will complet automatically.

Restart and Have Fun and Good Lucky Confusedmileyvery-happy:

Message 3 of 4 (3,628 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks. :manvery-happy:

@apajyoh wrote:

Easiest Way to fix it FASTER!

The Problem is the DXSETUP.EXE! 
Will maybe work at a lot of Origin Games ^^ 

My Installation also stucked at 25%.

How i solved it: Start the Installation.

At 25% just go to Task Manager and delete the Task: DXSETUP.EXE, after that the Installation will complet automatically.

Restart and Have Fun and Good Lucky Confusedmileyvery-happy:

Message 4 of 4 (2,470 Views)