Dead Space 2 Severed DLC not working on Xbox One

by JamesWilsons167

Original Post

Dead Space 2 Severed DLC not working on Xbox One

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

After much of a debacle trying to get the DLC to be recognised as a past purchase on the Xbox One store, I've downloaded it to the console. Unfortunately there is no option in the usual New Game option to select the Severed DLC. I've tested it on Xbox 360 and I understand how it should work, but the option just isn't there. I get the feeling there's a chance the Backwards Compatible version of Dead Space 2 doesn't contain the title update that enabled the Severed DLC content. I know this game is 6 years old but I love it and it's a shame I can't play this content without having to dig out my Xbox 360.

In short, DLC is downloadable, but not playable. Any solutions are welcome. Thank you.

Message 1 of 4 (3,230 Views)

Re: Dead Space 2 Severed DLC not working on Xbox One

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem. I can't play this DLC

Message 2 of 4 (3,105 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hey, I've possibly found a way around it recently. I couldn't play it when I had a free Xbox Live subscription, but once I got gold the game itself connected online and all the DLC started working. I think once you've had gold once and made the save game it'll be accessible. Still a dumb solution though but I hope it helps.
Message 3 of 4 (3,097 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes I’ve just had the same problem. I’ve just purchased the DLC, and I can’t use it on my x box one. Surely we’ll we will be entitled to a refund ? 

Message 4 of 4 (2,083 Views)