stopping after 4-5 minutes?

by SilenceIkilldU

Original Post

Accepted Solution

stopping after 4-5 minutes?

★ Novice

when i start dead space 3 everything seems fine until i go into my game and start playing. after that it will play for around 4-5 minutes then i have to close it because it says the program stopped responding. can anyone help with this problem?

Message 1 of 6 (360 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: stopping after 4-5 minutes?

Community Manager (retired)

@SilenceIkilldU Have you already tried to re-install the game or the whole Origin client with the latest version? It would be good to get some details about your hardware specifications. Could you please try to re-install Direct X as well as Microsoft .NET framework and then restart the installation after you performed a windows clean boot?

Cheers

Basti

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (372 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

@SilenceIkilldU Have you already tried to re-install the game or the whole Origin client with the latest version? It would be good to get some details about your hardware specifications. Could you please try to re-install Direct X as well as Microsoft .NET framework and then restart the installation after you performed a windows clean boot?

Cheers

Basti

Message 2 of 6 (373 Views)

★ Novice

i uninstalled it last night and still need to reinstall it. my friend told me to try and reinstall directx but i have no idea how to. i also havent tried to reinstall the origin client either but i see no reason why that would be the problem.

here are my specs:

intel core i-5-4200 cpu @ 2.50 GHz

RAM: 8.00 GB

gpu: nvidia gtx 750m

hopefully this helps   i really want to play the game!

Message 3 of 6 (367 Views)

★ Novice

i tried installing the directx and framework stuff but it said they are up to date. do i install the game after i do the boot then switch back to normal startup after im done installing or just do a clean boot then go back to normal startup and install?

Message 4 of 6 (338 Views)

★★★ Novice

I just wanted to weigh in here since I'm that friend who's been helping him. The crash seems to be based during gameplay. He sat on the menu for about ten minutes with no issues until he started trying to play the game. After five minutes of gameplay he crashes with the message that "Dead Space 3 has stopped working" and the usual "Microsoft is attempting to find a fix for this issue". Some people have had issues with their Gampads but I can say that the crashes continue both with and without the gamepad plugged in. Interesting thing is that the countdown to crash seems to include any time after the main menu, including the cutscenes where he cannot yet interact with the controls.

Message 5 of 6 (329 Views)

★ Novice

i reinstalled it after i did the windows clean boot and it seems the problem has gone away. thank you for your help!

Message 6 of 6 (309 Views)