sound but no picture

by stubby59

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sound but no picture

★★★ Novice

downloaded file from origin ,installed ,clicked game start.got sound but no picture,

i'm running windows 8.1 pro,

game pad is microsoft x box 360 seems to work ok with game ,

when i press the button on the game pad i can hear the menu come up

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Message 1 of 7 (1,818 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: sound but no picture

★★★ Novice

hi Basti

done everything you suggested but to no avail,even uninstalled game and re-install still did not work.

screen still black.

if we've run out of options could you please point me in the right direction to claim a refund (disappointed)

and i thank you for really trying to help me

all the best

john

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (1,899 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

@stubby59 have you already tried to update your videocard driver and to update Direct X?

It would help us if we would know more about your actual hardware. Best way would be if you could provide us your DXDIAG data via hastebinhttp://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Knowing more about your hardware will help us to investigate your issue in order to find a possible solution for your problem.

Cheers

Basti

Message 2 of 7 (1,813 Views)

★★★ Novice

thank you bastian for your prompt reply,here is my dxdiag file

Message 3 of 7 (1,807 Views)

@stubby59 your system should be capable of running Dead Space 3 but it might be that your Windows 8.1 is using a heavy amount of your RAM. Have you tried to perform a clean uninstall of your videocard driver and to close all not needed applications via the windows task manager? Try to change to windowed mode if you start the game via the key shortcut ALT + ENTER.

Please keep us updated.
Basti

Message 4 of 7 (1,802 Views)

★★★ Novice

hi Basti

done everything you suggested but to no avail,even uninstalled game and re-install still did not work.

screen still black.

if we've run out of options could you please point me in the right direction to claim a refund (disappointed)

and i thank you for really trying to help me

all the best

john

Message 5 of 7 (1,900 Views)

@stubby59 we are not able to handle your request here but you will find all needed information under the following link: http://help.ea.com/en/article/what-s-the-great-games-guarantee/

Please let us know if there are any other details about your issue, questions or workarounds we might haven't checked yet.

Cheers

Basti

Message 6 of 7 (1,774 Views)

★★★ Novice

hi Batian

thanks for all your help ,i just could not get the game to play properly so i contacted ea and they gave me a full refund.

thanks again for being patient with me

regards

edward

Message 7 of 7 (1,768 Views)