downloading problem

by el_horro51

Original Post

Accepted Solution

downloading problem

★ Novice

Downloading of the game reaches level of 60-70% and then it dumps to level of 30-40%.I had the same problem before,but now the recomendations of EAhelp doesn't work.

Message 1 of 12 (830 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: downloading problem

Community Manager

This kind of behaviour is usually due to players using a Wi-Fi connection. If possible, even just until the download is done, can you connect directly with a cable as this will allow a higher quality connection and should get the download done. There is error correction occuring during the download and if errors are detected then the download process will go back to the point it determines is before any errors and will continue from there.

barry.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 12 (810 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Which steps did you take? This sounds like it may be a security software blocking issue. Remove and re-add Origin to your Firewall and Antivirus exceptions/whitelist, then try again.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 12 (820 Views)

★ Novice

I shut down all my security software and started the downloading again,but dumping repeated,from 93% to 80% and then to 60% and then to 40% during a few minutes.

Message 3 of 12 (814 Views)

Community Manager

This kind of behaviour is usually due to players using a Wi-Fi connection. If possible, even just until the download is done, can you connect directly with a cable as this will allow a higher quality connection and should get the download done. There is error correction occuring during the download and if errors are detected then the download process will go back to the point it determines is before any errors and will continue from there.

barry.png
Message 4 of 12 (811 Views)

★ Novice

Downloading completed,but when I start the installation of the game I get an information message:"DirectX setup error: it wasn't succeeded to sign cabinet file(.cab)."

Message 5 of 12 (800 Views)

Community Manager

Right click on the game in Origin and then 'Repair Game'. This can fix issues with the game files(cab files included).

barry.png
Message 6 of 12 (785 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i pay you people for my right to play games you are not protecting that,stop with the b. s  and fix the problem your site has been going downhill for a couple of years now,are you so oblivious to that fact ,get off your doff and make this site truly viable again,i am fed up with the **bleep** i have to go through to play a game ,stop putting the onus on the paying customers or i will be forced to go to king games or another site offering playable games.

Message 7 of 12 (705 Views)

★★★ Newbie

unbelievable that you have to post,with no satisfaction coming in speaking or emailing to an actual person from ea games ,they appear to be aloof and cant bother answering you ,they want you to fix their problem,much like a scam artist who takes your money and runs for the hills,good  customer   pr  there.

Message 8 of 12 (702 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did everything origin suggested (change admin, restart computer etc.) and i'm still stuck, I am going to remove my firewall (if i can figure out how :/ and try again) 

Message 9 of 12 (537 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just turned off all firewall and the same things occurred, any other suggestions?

Message 10 of 12 (535 Views)