dead space 3 opens up shows menu but after the first cutscene i get black screen

by maxdark456

Original Post

Accepted Solution

dead space 3 opens up shows menu but after the first cutscene i get black screen

★ Novice

So i bought the game a 2 days ago on origin, point being the game launches normally, but after choosing difficulties, the cutscene plays and then the game just stays freeze on a black screen, i tried compatibility already and it does not seem to work

My pc is using windows 10,it is 64 bit and my video card is a Nvidia gtx 960m .

Any help would be appreciated

Message 1 of 5 (740 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: dead space 3 opens up shows menu but after the first cutscene i get black sc

★★★ Newbie

Windows 10 absolutely does not get along with DS3. I have enough power to run nearly highest settings without dropping the framerate, yet on windows 10 I had lag spikes routinely every 10 or so seconds where the screen would lock up and the audio would go to static. I ran it in windows 8 compatibility but then I jumped over to my true windows 8 partition and I cant remember at what point the issues stopped. That said it should work. Also, for whatever reason that first cutscene demands significantly more graphically than actual gameplay, so making sure you have v-sync off, the resolution a few ticks down from native, and everything running in the background closed out to free up your memory you'll be set to get through to gameplay. If that doesn't work, then you can be pretty confident in it being overlooked driver incompatibility or corrupt data in your install... 

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (716 Views)

All Replies

Re: dead space 3 opens up shows menu but after the first cutscene i get black screen

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @maxdark456 

Have you updated your video card drivers? I can also suggest to turn Origin in Game for this title from game properties menu in Origin library. Let me know if this helps?

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 2 of 5 (723 Views)

Re: dead space 3 opens up shows menu but after the first cutscene i get black sc

★ Novice

My driver are up to date that was the first thing i checked, ill try the origin thing and see if i get a good result. 

Thanks for the quick reply by the way

Message 3 of 5 (714 Views)

★ Novice

unfortunately the same thing still happens, black screen and nothing, its so strange because the menus and everything work

Message 4 of 5 (706 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Windows 10 absolutely does not get along with DS3. I have enough power to run nearly highest settings without dropping the framerate, yet on windows 10 I had lag spikes routinely every 10 or so seconds where the screen would lock up and the audio would go to static. I ran it in windows 8 compatibility but then I jumped over to my true windows 8 partition and I cant remember at what point the issues stopped. That said it should work. Also, for whatever reason that first cutscene demands significantly more graphically than actual gameplay, so making sure you have v-sync off, the resolution a few ticks down from native, and everything running in the background closed out to free up your memory you'll be set to get through to gameplay. If that doesn't work, then you can be pretty confident in it being overlooked driver incompatibility or corrupt data in your install... 

Message 5 of 5 (717 Views)