are my computer good enough?

by MR_kebabber

Original Post

Accepted Solution

are my computer good enough?

★★★ Novice

are my computer avalible to play dead space 3?

/windows 7

/Intel(R) Core(TM) 17-2630QM CPU @ 2,00GHz (8CPUs), ~2.0GHz

/6144MB RAM

/ Nvidia GeForce GT 520MX (the latest driver ofc)

/DirectX 11

sry if theres missing some thing isnt the best to computer :-) thx

Message 1 of 4 (217 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: are my computer good enough?

★★★★★ Expert

Since they didn't mention any particular CPU, chances are that old model CPUs are the ones that have to run at 2.8 GHz. 

When the forerunner "Core" Intel series finally came out, even a 1.6 GHz C2D could overmatch a 3.0 GHz Intel Pentium 4. 

Incidentally, the Intel i7 only has four cores.  Some of the i7s include all hyper-threaded cores, so they can emulate two cores each. 

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (204 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

Dead Space 3

FOR WINDOWS XP (SP3), Vista (SP1) or WINDOWS 7
* 2.8 GHz processor or equivalent
* 1 GB RAM (XP), 2 GB RAM (Vista or Windows 7)
* NVIDIA GeForce 6800 or better (7300, 7600 GS, and 8500 are below minimum system requirements)
* ATI X1600 Pro or better (X1300, X1300 Pro and HD2400 are below minimum system requirements)
* 256MB Video Card and Shader Model 3.0 required * The latest version of DirectX 9.0c
* At least 10GB of hard drive space for installation, plus additional space for saved games.
* INTERNET CONNECTION, ONLINE AUTHENTICATION, AND END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT REQUIRED TO PLAY.  MORE INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE AT WWW.EA.COM.

I haven't compared the 520 MX to  the 6800 directly, not yet.  I suspect it will be appropximately at the minimum level. 

Message 2 of 4 (211 Views)

★★★ Novice

i dont always understand that with GHz if i have if i have theese as well as up the top

Intel(R) Core(TM) 17-2630QM CPU @ 2,00GHz (8CPUs), ~2.0GHz do i have to plus 8 Cpu's with 2.0GHz?

that would be 8*2= 16 Ghz sry i am a **bleep** to this **bleep** xD?       

Message 3 of 4 (206 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Since they didn't mention any particular CPU, chances are that old model CPUs are the ones that have to run at 2.8 GHz. 

When the forerunner "Core" Intel series finally came out, even a 1.6 GHz C2D could overmatch a 3.0 GHz Intel Pentium 4. 

Incidentally, the Intel i7 only has four cores.  Some of the i7s include all hyper-threaded cores, so they can emulate two cores each. 

Message 4 of 4 (205 Views)