Wishes for Dead Space 4

by Vitti_110

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Wishes for Dead Space 4

★★★ Newbie

First - this isn't a question, it's an open letter to EA about what I would like to see for Dead Space 4.
Second - this is NOT a complaint and it's not a **bleep** session. Simply my wishes as a fan of the series that I hope others will chime in and agree with.

Please, take Dead Space back to it's survival horror roots. I play Dead Space 1 over and over just to get to relive those wonderful moments of terror!
I would still like the option of co-op though - at least I won't die alone! 

Power Nodes, yes please. -  I enjoyed searching and collecting them to upgrade my equipment, the thrill of hunting and then the euphoria of finding one to make my gear and weapons better is part of what made DS1 &DS2 great for me. Sending out a robot to do that for me takes away that joy, putting weapons together and crafting items is tedious (in my opinion), and in a graveyard of derelect ships, somehow scrap metal is rarer than fairy dust... 

Linear Path - Optional Sidequests belong in RPGs and the like - I want to experience all of Dead Space not choose parts and peices.

I can has more Divider Necromorphs & Tormentor Necromorphs please? They are two of my favorite Necromorphs and I would love to see them again.

More hallucinations & Marker Mindf*cks, please. I love it when the Marker messes with your head and makes you see & hear things - gives me chills!

I loved the artwork for the Unitologist Church in DS2 and I wouldn't mind wandering through another just to admire it all! 

Cyst Necromorphs.... I hates them so much.... please no more. 

Please, no more baby Necromorphs O_O .... so disturbing to murder the childrens! 

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I eagerly look forward to the next Dead Space installment! 

Sincerely,

A Fan

Message 1 of 3 (324 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Wishes for Dead Space 4

Community Manager (retired)

Thanks for your detailed feedback regarding the Dead Space series. The opinion of our most dedicated fans is very important for us. 

Cheers

Basti

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (320 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Thanks for your detailed feedback regarding the Dead Space series. The opinion of our most dedicated fans is very important for us. 

Cheers

Basti

Message 2 of 3 (321 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I wonder about the new weapon crafting. In some ways I prefer the old way with fixed weapons and nodes. It was because I knew what everything did.

I built a weapon in DS3 expecing it to be a killer. Well it was to an extent. It fired a big shot, but unfortunately it was like a wide beam of energy. Thus a lot of it's power was wasted on just one target. Additionally the pulse/round/energy/thing travelled slowly, and I did see some enemies step out the way. Another downside was it has a clip of six, upgradable. Plus the fire rate was slow, again upgradable. Kind of like carrying a portable cannon. Luckily I worked out how to fix a machine gun underneath.

What I mean is I find it too complicated to make weapons. Right now I am playing on game+ and collecting scrap metal for an Intimid8tor. It has a pre-design. Whereas the weapon I made was from a frame.

Message 3 of 3 (242 Views)