[Old Report] Unable to climb ladder on Deep Space 3

by fastpatcicero

Original Post

[Old Report] Unable to climb ladder on Deep Space 3

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I am playing Deep Space 3 on a PC and cannot climb a ladder, what is the keyboard press to climb?

Message 8 of 18 (13,391 Views)

Some control keys are not working

★ Newbie

When I get to the second stage, after the car blows up the "E" button, "space bar" and shift button are not working. So I cannot climb the ladder to get out of the underground.  I pushed the default button but to no success.

Message 1 of 18 (13,336 Views)

Re: Some control keys are not working

★★★★★ Novice

I'm currently at chapter 9, and I'm having simular issue. I need to hit E at the end of the cut scene - but it doesnt shows at all and no reaction from the game. I checked ps3 videos - they dont have this issue(

Message 2 of 18 (13,327 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I've tried repairing game - no files corrupted. Tried setting key mapping to default - no result either.

Any1 here who passed chapter 9 on pc using keyboard

Message 3 of 18 (13,323 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I passed 9 with keyboard only. Sometime have to stand right in front of ladder then press E then W to go up or S to go down. I am stuck on 11 though with puzzle not cooperating.

Message 4 of 18 (13,313 Views)

Aim button stuck

★ Novice

Aim button stuck and can't "un-aim" That's mean I can't shift run , i can't climb the ladder , punch ...etc please help 

Message 5 of 18 (13,386 Views)

Re: Aim button stuck

★★★ Novice

Happened to me too.  If playing this on PC just hit the caps lock button.

Message 6 of 18 (13,326 Views)

"Loading door" bug surfaced again? And Co-op partner ladder bug?

★★★ Newbie

I just finished playing Co-op with with my bro, he as Isaac and me as Carver, main campaing and Awakened DLC, started hosting so I played Isaac and my bro as Carver.

Now the old "loading door" bug resurfaced, game "freezes" up (stops loading the next sequence/area or something, but won't crash the game, sounds play and stuff like snow storm still animate, everything else stops moving and background music stops playing after a while).

My brother found out that ladders don't work, couldn't interact with them at all, leaving him stuck, while I was host. Ladders worked fine for me tho...

Message 7 of 18 (13,226 Views)

Re: Unable to climb ladder on Deep Space 3, on PC

★★★ Newbie

It appears that I lose the ability to stomp as well as climbing up and down ladders.

Message 9 of 18 (13,216 Views)

Dead Space 3 cannot climb first ladder

★★★ Newbie

Although I can open doors, pick up ammo, etc, using 'E', when I get to the first ladder, I cannot climb it.  I'm guessing that I'm supposed to quit aiming my weapon while I climb, but I can't do that either.  So, I'm stuck at level  one ... pretty lame, eh?  

Message 10 of 18 (13,121 Views)