Suddenly Corrupt File

by zardica

Original Post

Re: Corrupt Save Data

★★★★ Apprentice
If you can still git into the game it might be a weapon glitch. If that isn't what it is you can try starting a new file or if you have your old file backed up you could re download a old saved game. If none of that works you could try re installing the data if you do that though you will have to re download your online pass things. Other then that all i can think is to call Microsoft if none of the above works.
Message 10 of 33 (1,114 Views)

Re: Suddenly Corrupt File

★★★ Newbie

Im acctually not even sure the Autosave Stopped, but I can't load the file anymore so I can't tell!!! Confusedmileymad:

Message 12 of 33 (1,094 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Re-installing fixed the file, nvm, crisis adverted.

Message 13 of 33 (2,140 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Can you let everyone know what version of the game you have? (ie. PS3, XBox or PC)

It may prove helpeful to others.

Message 14 of 33 (1,073 Views)

Dead Space 3's saving system is farked up for me, is it for you?

★★★ Novice

The saving system in this game is terrible, I "save and exit" and when I start it up I am 20+ damned minutes back progress wise. 

IE *spoilers* I save and exit on the bridge of the conning tower (where you find Tuckers corpse) and when I restart the next day I am 3 rooms from the damned fight you have to do while waiting for the tram to arive (the one with the 2 regenerators) and have to go from there on and do the entire conning tower again.

That is the worst example, of course, but every time I save and exit to do whatever, I am normally 5-10 minutes back.  I find this damned infuriating.

Is this something everyone experiences with this game?  Or is my install corrupted in some way?

Honestly dont know if I can stand to play the game in this state, which is a shame as the first 2 were class.

As an aside, what is the point of the weapon crafting arena?  You dont get unlimited resources or anything so all it really is is an in game bench.

Message 15 of 33 (926 Views)

WTF My save file has been corrupted

★ Novice

I was in a game with a friend the other day and all of a sudden I lost connection to EA's server. I quit out and then my PS3 froze, so I turned it off and then back on. When I went to get back on I noticed one of my three save files(standard, classic, and hardcore) now said Pure Survival. Guess which file was corrupted.....My freaking standard save in which I have over 114hrs of game play glory on. I can access the file and all my stats, weapons, suits, etc are all there, but I can't join any of my friends games because I am not in the right game mode. I can only play in Pure Survival mode on this formerly Standard mode save. I am so pissed off it is not even funny. Worst off all I eventually accepted this fact and went to start a new standard mode file and in this new save I can't access my maraurder pack, tundra recon or my freaking devil horns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For the love of God....HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 16 of 33 (924 Views)

Re: WTF My save file has been corrupted

★ Novice

Uhmmmm my ps3 froze again and now I have another classic save file on there with 101.7% completion apparently and the 114hrs on it?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!?!?!?!?!?!?! EA and Visceral help me 

Message 17 of 33 (919 Views)

Message to EA Inc.

★ Novice

First I would like to begin by saying I start out loving every game you guys have been involved with, but after the honeymoon phase you guys suck ass. Wether it is the connection problems with online play with games like madden, dead space 3, even Battlefield 3 you guys just can't seem to get it right. I posted on here about my save file being corrupted a week ago and have not got a response back. I called today and left my phone on speaker for 43 **bleep**ING MINUTES at 10:00 this morning (come on how busy are you at 10:00 am on a thursday, dicks). I can't even get past 5 minutes of gameplay anymore on Dead Space 3 without the game freezing (and having to restart my system) all of my original save files have been deleted (not by me) and replaced by modes I haven't even started. My favorite game is Dead Space 3 and now I can't even play it. Over 140hrs and $80 on this game with dlc's and it is all **bleep**ING WORTHLESS. What pisses me off the most is reading some of your responses to others that have my issue and you are so stupid to suggest that it is the PS3's fault, examples: Maybe your PS3 is overheating (WRONG!!!), did you try restarting it (DUH!!!!), is your disc scratched (NO!!!! It sits in the PS3 all day in when I'm not playing it, it is in it's case), Did you try deleting the data( yessss!!!!!!) and finally.... we are communicating with Visceral to try and reproduce the event so we can solve it but we haven't had success at reproducing the event (come to my house and get this **bleep** solved then, you can freeze my PS3 to your hearts content.) I don't even want my money back, I don't even want to write this, all I want is for my favorite game and game series to **bleep**ING WORK....FIX IT NOWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND FIND A WAY TO PUT MY STANDARD SAVE MODE BACK ON MY SAVE FILES(115hrs on that file, every gun in the game, thousands of health packs, ammo, stasis, devil horns, DLCs, every suit, full rig, 100% completion are all gone)

Message 18 of 33 (1,060 Views)

Re: Corrupt Save Data/ Missing saved inventory and RIG upgrades

★★★ Newbie

My save was corrupted too. It's quite complicated so this is what happened.

I had just got finished beating the campaign, and had just started up co-op online. I had my RIG upgrades and guns, until asked to switch to disc 1 from disc 2 before starting an online game on prologue. Anyway I started without my guns and the RIG was back to standard, so I quit and checked my save file. Keep in mind I hadn't quit at any point until after I switched discs to find my saved guns missing.

And my completed percent went from 84.6% to 2% and couldn't be more disappointed. I lost all progress and unlocks, can't resume or select another chapter, its totally screwed. My play time is still 15:58:17 which I think the 15 is hours?  I'm not sure but need a solution A.S.A.P.As a guy who goes through the game OCD style and picks up EVERYTHING I don't plan on doing it again.

I've checked all internet threads and anything related to this sort of problem but can't get a hold of anything helpful.

Message 19 of 33 (1,062 Views)

Re: Corrupt Save Data

Hero (Retired)

Corrupted save data 90% of the time is caused by turning off the console or exiting out of the game while it is saving.

The other 10% are glitches. It might be in your best interest to check out bugs and glitches involving save data for the game.

I did a quick Google search and did not find a large amount of threads talking about corrupted save data. Though you should check for yourself. This means you most likely shut off the game while it was saving. This is especially likely if the game contains an auto-save feature.

I am not sure of how to fix this without just starting over. If you are on PC you might be able to find a program that will help you rectify the issue.

Message 20 of 33 (1,051 Views)