Suddenly Corrupt File

by zardica

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Suddenly Corrupt File

★★★ Newbie

So I was playing the Awakening DLC, when suddenly the Autosave stops and when I go to Save and Quit it tells me it can't, then BAM! My save file is "corrupted" I litterally just lost 42 hours of progress. Needless to say I am VERY pissed.

Message 11 of 33 (1,865 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Suddenly Corrupt File

★★★ Newbie

Re-installing fixed the file, nvm, crisis adverted.

View in thread

Message 13 of 33 (2,139 Views)

All Replies

Dead space 3 save file corruption

★★★ Newbie

Can any one help me my game save some how got corrupted and I no longer can load the game. I was on chapter 7 and don't wish to start all over again can any one help me. Oh and its the PC version of  dead space 3.

Message 1 of 33 (2,632 Views)

Re: Dead space 3 save file corruption

★★★★ Novice

i have the same problem.

after the first time (about 30% progress) i made a backup every hour and tested them (they all worked)

today i wanted to start and the save was broken again (at about 40% progress)

and now the funny thing.... the backupsaves now are also broken.

Message 2 of 33 (2,593 Views)

Don't you guys get save file error?

★ Novice

When you download some DS3 save files from the internet or something else like that?

This silly DS3 recognise my save data is damaged one. and I opened it with my notepad and saved it.

Now it says it is corrupted.

Then I downloaded some another save file (many people say that it is working well.). and DS3 says it is damaged save again.

I'm so annoying, do I have to start again from 0%? Seriously?

Message 3 of 33 (1,791 Views)

Re: Don't you guys get save file error?

★★★ Novice

Not positive but I have heard that because of special content for some players you cannot use other peoples saves.

Message 4 of 33 (1,785 Views)

Save file corrupted

★★★ Newbie

After spending 15 hours and getting to chapter 13 and buying 2 of the top resouce with eligability of 3 weapon parts. Thats spending my own microsoft points. I turn the game on to see that only my dead space 3 save file was corrupted and everything was lost and was unable to redownload the resources I paid for. Is there any way to get reimburst for that?

Message 5 of 33 (1,753 Views)

Re: Save file corrupted

★★★★ Apprentice
I'd try calling Microsoft first see what they say. Maby thay will give you the points back to re bye your stuff.
Message 6 of 33 (1,731 Views)

Corrupt Save Data

★★★ Newbie

• When did the Bug occur?

When I tried to load my original game after beating it. This has happened twice now. 

• What did you do before you experienced the Bug (please be as detailed as possible)?

The first time I believe the data corruption was due to my xbox 360 freezing while playing a co-op mission which required me to power off and power on the xbox 360 without saving. The second time I do not know what happened.

• What did you expect to happen?

I expected to be able to load my game and use all the weapons and circuit I found

Message 7 of 33 (1,900 Views)

Re: Corrupt Save Data

★★★★ Apprentice
Did you back it up and if so you would have to re download any of your weapons that you got for reserving game. It should be under transactions some were in your xbox live account. Then you would have to go to downloadable something. I had this happen on the ps3 and that's what I did and it worked hop it works for your Xbox 360.
Message 8 of 33 (1,897 Views)

Re: Corrupt Save Data

★★★ Newbie

My preorder weapons are ok but my entire saved game with weapons created in game is what got erased

Message 9 of 33 (1,877 Views)