[Slight Chapter 13 Spoilers] Snow Beast Boss Fight Bug

by TeslaTornado

Original Post

[Slight Chapter 13 Spoilers] Snow Beast Boss Fight Bug

★ Novice

[b]CAUTION: SPOILERS AHEAD.[/b]

During the boss fight with the Snow Beast in Chapter 13, I have encountered a possibly game-breaking bug.  When the player has to lure the Snow Beast between the harpoon lasers, one of two things happens to me; one of which is a bug and the other is possibly (probably) due to my own incompetence.

Soccer ball Situation resolves correctly.  The harpoons catch the Snow Beast and the Quick-Time Event is engaged.  However, after multiple attempts, I have been unable to tear it apart.  Perhaps it is because I'm not pressing the button quickly enough. 

Football Alternatively, the Snow Beast enters the beams and the harpoons fire, but the game only partially registers the hit: The Snow Beast is still capable of moving away from the harpoons and chasing the player as though it was not snared, but after a successful attack on the player it will 'slide' back to where it is caught by the harpoons and remain there for a few moments before stepping away and attacking the player again.  Kinesis still functions on the crank for the harpoons, even while the Snow Beast is not caught between them.  Reloading from a checkpoint will reset the boss fight, but it tends to happen repeatedly with no real solution. 

I am attempting to solve the situation by re-installing the game from scratch and will report back if this resolves it.  In the event that this does not solve the situation I will post photos (linked externally). 

I know of at least one other person (caution: very poor grammar, difficult to read) who has experienced this problem; however, they seem to have progressed past it.  Nevertheless, I am submitting this report to see if it can be repaired.

Message 1 of 27 (12,068 Views)

Re: [Slight Chapter 13 Spoilers] Snow Beast Boss Fight Bug

★★ Novice

Yes same here and can not progress past it!

Message 2 of 27 (11,875 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same issue.  Can't get past it.  I've had the ugly thing held there cranking for more than 5 minutes several times, and when I try to do something else like fast tap F or re-crank or shoot at it, he always gets away.  EA - THIS DOES NOT WORK - PLEASE FIX!! 

Message 3 of 27 (11,668 Views)

★★ Novice

I had the same problem. I started to doubt my gaming skill. I tried for like 25 times. I wasted my ammos, health packs to kill that beast. Then I remember I had the same problem with Dead space 2 and only solution I got that time was to lower the graphics option. So I gave it a shot in Dead space 3 also and it worked. If you haven't found any solution and haven't tried this solution, then try it first. If your problem is solved then its good, otherwise you have to wait for a better solution.

Message 4 of 27 (11,475 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Theres no other way to fix this, its yet again another unfixable bug and the only way to progress the chapter to to co-op with someone on chapter 13 or 12 depending which has a lobby open to join. Hope this helped and I hope you didn't get double bugged and can't use co-op either because then your really stuck. Best of luck to you.

Message 5 of 27 (11,462 Views)

That's it!!!

★★★ Newbie

Thanks a lot. That was really the problem. I lowered the graphics and it worked instantly. Great.

Message 6 of 27 (11,447 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had this problem of the snow beast escaping even after being ensnared. I spammed the [F] Button but to no avail. Its really annoying not able to progress. Please help me fix this problem.

Message 7 of 27 (11,242 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have Toshiba C855-1TF. Lowered resolution 1024X768 60HZ (Wide), VSYNC - Off, Display Mode - Windowed (Wdescreen), Graphic quality - Low.
Works for me!!!!!!!!

Message 8 of 27 (11,216 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

glad to see EA is still failing at this type of crap wish they would of fixed it befor the game cameout i should be stuck on a part of the game because the harpoons dont even hit the thing when its standing in the middle this type of crap makes games like these a waste of time due to the poor poor poor bug fixing by EA (and i dont care if people bitch about my bad grammer/spaelling so dont even start)

Message 9 of 27 (11,178 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i thought of that too but it still dosent work

Message 10 of 27 (10,767 Views)